UK Watch Forum banner

Which Is The Wrist-Watch That 'pauses Time'?

737 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  mach 0.0013137 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Got a question that's been bugging me over the last few days!

I remember seeing a beautiful designer watch in an issue of GQ (UK) around September last year, it was made by a French watchmakers (I believe, the name sounded French at least), and it 'pauses time'... in that it has a function/button that will temporarily freeze the chronographic function of the watch so the hands stop moving, until one presses the button again, then the watch will automatically calibrate itself and the hands will move to the actual time...

Supposedly, it's for an individual who wishes to, at times, 'forget about the concept of time' and indulge in a moment. I love it.

It's really an awesome timepiece, and since I'm in the market for some new wrist-candy I'd really like to know what watch it is.

Thanks!

#6 ·
Oh dear...

http://www.ablogtoread.com/hermes-le-temps-suspendu-watch-why-do-you-suspend-time/

The idea is that a woman will respond positively to the emotion in the concept of the watch. It is also a good conversation starter. "My dear, please allow me to adjust my watch. In this moment I desire for time to stand still. There can be no schedule distracting me from our time together." At this point you lift up your sleeve to reveal your Hermes watch that ideally matches an orange cream tie with walruses on it, and large "H" belt buckle. You get extra points if she activates the watch for you. Maybe this wise man is right - in an hour you can have her in bed, and you'll be thankful all along you wore the right watch that evening.

:banned:

#9 ·
Ah, this is the famous seven-complication Marcel Proust watch: The Temps Suspendu. It doesn't really pause time: it just hangs about about on the wrist, for ages, not doing much and not really going anywhere, till the wearer gets really bored and buys a Seiko for proper entertainment. No-one's ever used all the complications because they get fed up after using the first one and a half. But it is much talked about in the proper circles. :D

#10 ·
as a cheaper alternative i suggest buying one of the old digital watches that has the screw in battery change on the back , you can then easily 'pause' time by taking the battery out , you will however need to reset the correct time when you put it back in tho you could look at this as 'traveling forward in time at a fast pace' :p

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
In the early `70s I used to wear an Oris that could speed up & stop time - in it`s normal state it froze time but when wound up the hands whizzed round until coming to rest. Whenever anyone asked me the time I used to say "What time would you like?" before winding it up. Well it amused a load of stoned out hippies anyway
hippie.gif
:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.