UK Watch Forum banner

My New Income From Uk - Seagull Oyster Perpetual

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Kutusov 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all,

I'd like to present You my Oyster Perpetual homage, made by Seagull:

tn_img_232.jpg

I'm very happy that Mr. R. D. Smith (look picture No.4) didn't like his 'China made' watch :). This design is very sophisticated and elegant, and the only thing that may bother someone, is the brand and country. So I was lucky that my last bid was the winning one :). Here it is:

tn_img_242.jpg

The bracelet style is proper style with branded clasp:

tn_img_234.jpg

The model on the back is again with G: G433G

tn_img_235.jpg

, which suggests strange ETA-based movement. Yes, the suggestion was correct:

tn_img_238.jpg

The ebauche is ETA, signed 2834-1, and with logo engraved on it. But the bridges look like real 'china made' with distinctive decoration.

tn_img_238a.jpg

Because the design is very near to the original, there's not much I can say about it, that was not said before - pure beauty |>

Hope You like it :)

Regards, Miro.

See less See more
#5 ·
Very nice :thumbsup:

#7 ·
I think this one was made about 10 to 20 years ago. It was made in Tianjin using a Swiss ETA ebauche assembled and finished locally (hence not a Swiss Movement per se).

Alpha 'Oyster Perpetual' Day/Date style watches are more recent, as far as I know. The Sea-Gull ST16 movement was common in these for a long time but I don't know if that is still true. Such movements might actually be made in one of Sea-Gull subsidiary factories. Hard to be sure. Alpha is based somewhere in the vicinity of Hong Kong and probably source their cases locally.

Also I don't think the Sea-Gull has a screw-down crown as per the Alpha.

So probably no connection. The Oyster case is pretty common in China (and Japan and Switzerland, too)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.