• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

So How Many Watches Do You Own

no8yogi

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the collection in 2006, the last time I made a 'whole enchilada' photo. It's at least doubled in size since.

sEnchilada3.jpg

That's the RLT box on the upper left :yes:

I'm jealous Nalu, a wonderful collection.

seconded! your task for Sunday is to photograph your current collection!

About fifty odd at the moment, after quite a large cull, but I do have ambitions to reduce twenty odd, then down to twelve, but it is not easy.

Cheers Martin

Mmm. I was supposed to sell a few this year. I've sold zero.

:lol::lol::lol:

Well just had a count up, I still have 86 wrist watches, 7 pocket watches, a few stop watches and a good few projects................ But lots are Ussr watches will no great value, and but I will cut back........

About fifty odd at the moment, after quite a large cull, but I do have ambitions to reduce twenty odd, then down to twelve, but it is not easy.

Cheers Martin

Fully agree with you, 12 sounds like a good number for diversity, quality and the ability to enjoy all your watches. I had this theory that I couldn't possibly go beyond 20 or there would be watches that would never see any wrist time... well, I long passed that number and I was right... there was the Orca that was never finding its way to my wrist and it took me a couple of months to start thinking about that, the possibility of selling it, and the actual sale. 3 weeks just to take it out of the box... I would pick it up and go... "but it's such a nice little watch... I can't do it" :lol:

I should cut back in smoking but if I'm like this with watches, imagine what it would be like regarding the ciggies...

Four for me. A Breitling Superocean Steelfish, Tissot Visodate, Victorinox something or other I bought off eBay and a Detomaso Subalike I bought from eBay. I would imagine a much smaller collection than most on here.

I would like to add one or two but a new kitchen and child on the way has put a stop to it.

Just added a Longines Hydroconquest auto so now up to 5.

• 1 month later...

Good quest and I have to be honest in saying I'm not sure how many I have. They are in a safe and since I retired I don't go into it very often and my memory just isn't what it once was. No matter how many beds a man owns he can only sleep in one at a time.

consider this a challenge then for the weekend get them out the safe and photograph them then count them I bet you have more than you thought!

• 5 weeks later...