• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
kevkojak

Show Us Your Seiko's!

408923683.jpg

Loving my new Seiko Solar cohronograph.

Not too sure about the position of the crown but i like the dial and the hand layout. Also think the plain bezel looks good.

That is a secondary crown for rotating the inner compass bezel.

Primary crown is at 3 o'clock.

Ok lol , need to see some more pics when you get chance

A couple of years ago I ebayed a mint seiko automatic diving watch I bought new in 1982, it was expensive, so expensive I never used it for diving (but who does). Reading some of these posts I'm wishing I hadn't parted with it. It went for a paltry 130 quid, the buyer later told me it had been discussed on a forum and declared a fake, it certainly wasn't, but just goes to show the influence of 'experts'.

New in today. 6309-7040 Turtle - 6105 Apocalypse Now / Martin Sheen modding.

I've hummed and hawed about getting a 6309-7040 for years but never got round to it. The modded dial and hand set on this tipped me over the edge. I had my eye on various vintage Seikos inc. Pogues, Speedtimers and Bullheads. They will get their day no doubt. I'm delighted with this.

seiko6309_1.jpg

seiko6309_2.jpg

seiko6309_3.jpg

Hi newbie here can you tell me please the model of Seiko third up from bottom photo row of three on right black strap chronograph off set case ? ............. thank you

This is the 2nd Seiko addition to my new collecting phase (another couple in the pipeline).A nice shiny 6309-8230. serial dates it to ?March 1982. Ticking nicely so far.

Watch1.jpg

006_zpsd8372e47.jpgbeen messing with this again,does not show in the pic but the dial is dark blue Edited by greasemonk

my new purchase - the orange seiko monster.

Thinking of either putting it on the super engineer bracelet or the Anvil....

Great idea...

anvil.jpg

sorry, I tried but just couldn`t resist :lol:

I picked up my first orange dialled watch this week, a Seiko H558-500A:

P1150149_zpsf7e06972.jpg

it goes nicely with its brother, the H558-5000:

P1150150_zpsa1eb23bd.jpg

I was please to find a very clean and obviously well looked after movement inside.

My second 7548 arrived all the way from California in the week. It was a long wait (thanks to customs, grrrr) and I've been quite excited because the seller had said that he was the original owner so hopefully (if true) I would be getting an original, unmolested example. That said, it didn't necessarily mean that the insides / movement would be in good condition......

Here it is:

P1150253_zps14b2236a.jpg

and I'm really pleased to say that when I took the back off, I found a pristine movement, case back and seal:

P1150257_zps628b7614.jpg

P1150260_zps117fdaca.jpg

with no signs of moisture or battery damage. The crown is in great condition and screws down nicely:

P1150254_zps002d6afd.jpg

There is a fair amount of wabi, but no signs of abuse. I think I'll be replacing the crystal as it has a few deep scratches and a scuff mark.

Here it is next to its brother (a 7548-700B):

P1150267_zpsc802a8f9.jpg

LOVE that one Faze. I had one of these slip through my fingers not long ago.

It might be on the way out mate, the bracelet is a bit too small for me, and I have no extra links :wallbash:

Here's one of my latest watches - its a Seiko Sea Lion M55, dating I think from 1966.

It needed a new crystal (which I sourced via ebay from the states), and some deep scratches polishing out from the crystal retaining ring / bezel.

The finishing on the case and movement are superb:

P1150271_zpsb04bd7e6.jpg

P1150269_zps218f3fd2.jpg

P1150361_zpsd24f92e1.jpg

the acrylic crystal and dial make it tricky to photograph

P1150358_zpsb3b4c476.jpg

P1150359_zps770f9a89.jpg

The movement was really clean and is running really well. I therefore left it alone and haven't tinkered with it.

I haven't timed it properly, but Its within 10 seconds a day which given its age is very impressive.

My latest and greatest mod put together a couple of hours ago. Looks great and it's other half went better than I though as well.

13409945044_55dfc7c37b_c.jpg

Tony

Just picked up a pogue chrono (blue dial not gold) for £50! Needs a bit of love but I am well chuffed! Should arrive on Friday! Pics to follow

Just picked up a pogue chrono (blue dial not gold) for £50! Needs a bit of love but I am well chuffed! Should arrive on Friday! Pics to follow

Sounds like a bargain - be interested to see what you get. :)

Reminds me I need to get mine sorted with a service and a couple of other tweaks. Mine seems largely original but has the wrong case back currently (not that it really matters but I'd fix it for a couple of quid of I could - I'll go put a wanted entry now actually :) ).