• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Mr.D

Any Good Vintage Watch Shops In India

Hello First post,

I've recently gotten a thing for vintage Omegas (seamasters mainly).

I travel a lot through my job and spend a lot of time Mumbai and other places in India ( and everywhere else on the planet to be honest).

I've looked around for a decent vintage watch shop in india for years and found nothing; fountain pens seem okay though.

I've seen lots of very dodgey ebay adverts originating in India but surely there must be some decent shops there?

cheers

K

Well I'm now in Mumbai for a few months (been here before) so I'll have a look around and see what I can find ; had some luck with vintage parker fountain pens in the past.

India has a climate that is hard on watches as well as watchmakers that "made do" with what they had. As a side affect, most vintage watches are frankenwatches and with repainted dials.

As always, research before you buy

i think the best thing to do would be to find a place that has the usual omegas etc redialed to look like smarties - then ask where they get them from and go there :)

i think the best thing to do would be to find a place that has the usual omegas etc redialed to look like smarties - then ask where they get them from and go there :)

Would that it were so simple in Mumbai :D

Place is crazy ; I'll do a little research as I'm here a lot on business ( at the moment).

Found a really good classic fountain pen merchant figure there must be the same for watches somewhere.