• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Your Grail (#1) - Will You Acquire In 2013?

Rampant

I have to admit I don't really like it! I like the engineering that's gone into it but not the look

Taste is a very personal thing though, so that's fine by me :D

The engineering on it is exquisite. (I often just stare at the beauty of the movement in my Carrera through the caseback!)

Cheerz

Mark H

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit I don't really like it! I like the engineering that's gone into it but not the look
Taste is a very personal thing though, so that's fine by me :D The engineering on it is exquisite. (I often just stare at the beauty of the movement in my Carrera through the caseback!) Cheerz Mark H

Looks great to me but not an everyday wear watch.

Koing

What are you doing working on the car with it, working in the yard, what? I'm pretty sure it would be tucked safely away under a nice French cuff and an Armani suit - at least.

Thanks, you've just saved me a lot of money! :lol: :lol:

...suits... :bad: ... hate those things... :D

Missed this thread until now.

Grail number 1 and most certainly unobtainable in this life is the Lange Zeitwerk (although I would have some trouble choosing between the Zeitwerk and the Zeitwerk Luminous):

Zeitwerk

Cp_140_029_M_285x187.jpg

(Source: picture directly linked from the Lange site: http://www.alange-so...9_M_285x187.jpg)

Zeitwerk Luminous

Cp_140_035_M.jpg

(Source: picture directly linked from the Lange site: http://www.alange-so...p_140_035_M.jpg)

Grail number 2 and closer to being realistic but still not likely to be obtainable is the Glashütte Original Seventies Panoramadatum:

i_2690_39-47-12-12-14_Seventies_ZB_grey.jpg

(Source: picture directly linked from the GO site: http://www.glashuett...ies_ZB_grey.jpg)

Luckily, for Grail #2, I have a couple of older versions...

This one

5952089130_fc8ce748cf.jpg

GUB_11-27a_01small by wotsch, on Flickr

...and this one

5777178623_878e95fc3c.jpg

GUB_11-26b_01small by wotsch, on Flickr

Here's crossing fingers for the lottery numbers!

-wotsch

Edited by wotsch

Only one for me and probably completely unachievable

RLT 36 Nautilus

I had one and tbh was underwhelmed.

The rlt11 wore better as did the rlt15 the rlt38 is a beauty and if you can get Jason to part with his steel rlt24 you will have a great watch, I had the titanium but it was too light.

After discovering them the first time I visited here, and after recommending them to all and sundry on a regular basis ever since, next month I will finally be in a position to answer the mail in my inbox from a certain A. Wajs. The only decision left to make is whether to have numbers or markers on MY Mirage III.

There will be other grails down the road, but just like my first RLT, there is something extra special about buying something directly from the man with his name on the dial.

Andy

• 5 weeks later...

Would really like to get hold of a Compressor cased watch.

Many unrealistic options here......but being a realist am thinking a Halios Laguna.

I have this feeling that most people who bought it were not all that pleased or not for a long time. I know it is a stretch in price but it's maybe worth saving for a bit longer and getting a Longines Legend Diver.

Hi all I'm new here. My first post actually. I managed to get one of the watches I have wanted for a long time at a very reasonable price. It is a porsche design orfina chronograph with the 5100 movement. Man I love this watch and how clear and easy it is to read compared to my luminox chronograph. After this I really fancy one of the IWC compass watches. I've always loved watches and never thought I could really afford them but I just changed my prospective from it being a luxury item to an investment. It sounded good to the wife anyways ;)

My interest in wrist watches is quite new, but there is one piece that I'm really quite taken by and that I'd very much like to own. So for me the SMP would be my 'grail'. A realistic goal this year? Yes, I think it is.

The unobtainable 'grail' would a Tudor Pelagos like the one posted by Ollyhock recently. I'd have to give up my love of motorbikes to make that happen though :no:

Edited by Dirty Habitz

I have to pick just one?

An Omega then, either the Apollo 13 Speedmaster or a Seamaster Mariner Quartz MK I.

Both achievable, but something would have to go......

I remember posting this response to this thread last month. Now I have this:

8439068526_7ddb49a66d_c.jpg

and this:

8439072334_dd565df00a_c.jpg

and it's only February!

Consequently my Apollo 11 Speedmaster has gone (part traded for yet another grail) and for the moment I'm a bit broke.

Really didn't expect those to come up so soon or together.... what am I going to do for the rest of the year?

:lol:

Would really like to get hold of a Compressor cased watch.

Many unrealistic options here......but being a realist am thinking a Halios Laguna.

I have this feeling that most people who bought it were not all that pleased or not for a long time. I know it is a stretch in price but it's maybe worth saving for a bit longer and getting a Longines Legend Diver.

Ok, thanks Kutusov - will have a read and save some more.

Cheers