UK Watch Forum banner

Steinhart Snowflake Sub

29K views 245 replies 34 participants last post by  Kutusov 
#1 ·
I just saw this and thought I'd share, Steinhart are now doing a homage of the original blue snowflake sub called the Arctic Ocean. Rather than being done by Steinhart directly it is available through the Dutch company Aramar and limited to 100 pieces. Available to pre-order and ready in 6 - 8 weeks and costing £330 with p & p.

steinhartbyaramararctic.jpg

Here are the details from the site:

Technical Details

Type: Arctic Ocean / Individually engraved serial number

Movement

ETA 2824-2 Swiss Made, automatic, hacking seconds, date

Jewels: 25 jewels

screw down crown

Functions

hour and minute with Super Luminova vintage "old radium"...

central second hand, date

Case: stainless steel

Back: Stainless steel screwed, engraved..

Diameter: 42 mm (1.65 inches), without crown

height: 13 mm

Weight: 190 g

Dial: blue

Crystal: Sapphire incl. date magnifier

Bezel: blue

Indices: Super Luminova vintage

Lug width: 22mm

WaterRes: 300 metres/990 feet 30 ATM (on the dial is due to vintage reasons 200m/660ft)

Strap: stainless steel 22 mm, screwed

Buckle: stainless steel, safety clasp

350 EUR VAT incl. (inside EU!)

289 EUR without VAT (outside EU!)

Open for pre-order now! Watches will be ready in 6-8 weeks from now. 100 pcs available!

euro 350.00

The website link is: http://www.aramar.nl...aid=515&lang=EN

See less See more
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Nice, but I`d want to see a photo of the actual watch face rather then a drawing before shelving out cash :wink2:

#8 ·
I was only thinking at the weekend that Steinhart should do a snowflake version of the Ocean. I'd prefer a black dial, and I'd need to see the 'vintage' lume to be convinced... But I hope it's a huge success and Gunther produces some more.

I'm with Mach; I'd want to see a real photo first... But I'm still tempted...! Steinhart quality should be pretty reliable. I'd be quite confident that it would be very nice indeed.

Maybe he could swap the dial and hands of my OV red for me...!?

Cheers for the heads up Carl. (I'm sure I'm on the Steinhart email list, but this one had escaped me.)

#9 ·
That looks very nice, what I do find funny though is that Aramar say they do the design work while Steinhart make the watches, I guess it's easy going in the Aramar design department then!

And why do Steinhart need another company to design a watch that they already manufacture that is already another companies design,

Stu

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, I caved in and have ordered #33, I shall also post up some thoughts and photos when it arrives later in the year.

This will be my first Steinhart. I have had an Orange Watch Company Blue Snowflake on order for years but I'm still no nearer getting it so have gone with this for now. I prefer the the idea of the 40mm size, but with this at least I know I should actually get one soon.

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, I caved in and have ordered #33, I shall also post up some thoughts and photos when it arrives later in the year.
applause.gif

Bravo that man!

This will be my first Steinhart.
I'm sure you won't be disappointed. You could always sell it to me if you don't get on together.

I prefer the the idea of the 40mm size, but with this at least I know I should actually get one soon.
Hey, what's 2mm? :)

#14 ·
DIdn't see the "Pacific Ocean," but the "White Ocean" white dial GMT is intriguing. If the "SuperLuminova Vintage" is used on either, check WUS for pics of the Ocean Vintage Military, tons of pics of people's received models. Not to my taste, I don't want my "C3" looking dingy ecru in daylight. YMMV.

I have an OBDLC, and love it. Good quality all 'round.

#17 ·
They'll probably use the same stuff as on other vintage watches on their range. Some are a bit excessive, like what they use in their flieger range. But you already know what they've used on our Ocean Vintage GMT, looks nice!

I might have to start flipping couch pillows to see if I can come up with a few coins... this would scartch a serious itch. :yes:

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
What number did you go for Renato?
Don't know, just managed to transfer the money a while ago... Does Maurice get back to you with that kind of information? Oh, sorry, misread you... I didn't ask for a number... I'll be knowing in a couple of months :wallbash:

And as to the lume, I think it's very close to what we see in a lot of the old Tudors....

Tudor_b.jpg

Doesn't look as a orange-ish as the OMV too.

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
Unfortunately, the lume in that photo is too in-ya-face for my tastes :(

Hopefully it`ll be better on the actual production model.

#23 ·
If you wanted a specific number you can email Maurice and see if it's available. I originally asked for one in the comments box when ordering, though I did email him afterwards to check that I had got it. There are some numbers mentioned on the watchuseek thread of what's been taken.

#26 ·
How about 68? What's 68? That's the position where she does me, and I owe her one. (... I'll get my coat.)

#30 ·
Well done!! There are very few left!

As to win/win, don't know about that... but I'm really glad you've sold me the black Ocean 1 to get the Vintage Red. If it wasn't for that, I would have bought the VR myself and would have probably sold it by now. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.