• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Steinhart Snowflake Sub

dowsing

I suspect that there may be quite a few tongues wagging at the end of October. Good things come to those that wait... :yes:

I hope so, for you guys sake...

But tell me... am I right or not in my event sequence? And, if so, what happened to all the movement-less watches that were announced as already made? I don't know who told me these, but the Grovana version will be an altogether different watch from a Steinhart... different case, etc.

Well the dial would have to have been redone for a start.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Update. I just received this e-mail from Maurice -

Hi Dan,

The latest info:

> Hi Maurice,

>

> We must be getting very close now to delivery. Any news?

>

> Regards,

>

> Dan

Hi Dan,

The latest info:

Grovana is busy at this moment sourcing all the parts for the watch, so everything is finally looking good right now! The problems were that everything had to be made from scratch especcially for this watch only. I expect it to be released in about 2-3 months time. We already paid Grovana and the supplier of the top ETA movements.

Best Regards

Maurice

Read it and weep...

j6zcBcJ.jpg

I ordered and paid for a watch in January when this thread was in its infancy. 288 posts and 10,866 views later I'm told it will be another 2-3 months. I think only Mach and I are still hanging on. Right Mach? Mach? Mach?...

I`m still in & BTW, I may be shortsighted but I`m not blind :blind: :P

288 posts and 10,866 views later I'm told it will be another 2-3 months. I think only Mach and I are still hanging on. Right Mach? Mach? Mach?...

And don't forget the (now closed) WUS thread. It might still be a great watch (I hope so) but note that there isn't a single thing from the original project that still stands.... movement, case, etc. And I would still like to know what happened to the said ordered hand sets. Remember that that was the only thing initially said to be missing?

• 1 year later...

Oh, yeah. They were delivered months ago. Drum and Mach have one, I don't recall anyone else that stayed for the long run. Ended up being an Aramar Snowflake, not a Steinhart.

Speaking of which, Steinhart ended up coming up with a blue sub but it's more of a Rolex look-alike than a Tudor. Still I reckon it might be something that spawned out of this project.

People will disagree with me but for me they are better. Essentially the same specs, cheaper and better built. What I mean by this is what Eddie at TF reveiled about his experince shipping watches with both those movents. Some ETAs wouldn't survve the post but virtually ever Miyota did.

The Miyota is Citizen's, so a much bigger and experienced manufacturer om mass production... and Japanese. They are obsessed with quality control.

Edited by Kutusov