• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Steinhart Snowflake Sub

dowsing

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hamilton 24h. 12 on the top, what I think is the better option for a 24h hour dial than 24 (or 0) on the top.

Sorry, posted into wrong thread. The right one must be Snowy Saturdays.

For some reason I can't delete and even edit my previous post to correct my mistake.

No worries but the reason you can't edit is because there's a time window to edit a post. I think it's about 5 minutes or maybe less.

Gunther seems to be doing a lot of variations using this case, bracelet and movement. I've been trembling for the last few days and am trying hard to resist.

Must not give in...

Must not give in...

CnZ19.gif

I gave in, number 71 bagged last night.

It's just that I have the Ocean One Green and it is pretty much the same watch. It would be like having two of the same car but in different colours. Though that's no bad thing really.

Must...

resist...

willpower...

waning...

(as the credit card begins to glow somewhere in the distance a dog barked)

Gunther seems to be doing a lot of variations using this case, bracelet and movement. I've been trembling for the last few days and am trying hard to resist.

Must not give in...

Must not give in...

CnZ19.gif

It's just that I have the Ocean One Green and it is pretty much the same watch. It would be like having two of the same car but in different colours. Though that's no bad thing really.

Must...

resist...

willpower...

waning...

Come one, it's a very different watch. It makes a lot less sense to have a black O1 and a GMT like I do and I don't regret it at all. Let the CC glow white hot! :D

Must not give in...

Must not give in...

CnZ19.gif

Must...

resist...

willpower...

waning...

Come one, it's a very different watch. It makes a lot less sense to have a black O1 and a GMT like I do and I don't regret it at all. Let the CC glow white hot! :D

Yep. And my O1VR and Vintage GMT pair is totally sensible. Obviously.

Must not give in...

Must not give in...

CnZ19.gif

Must...

resist...

willpower...

waning...

Same case. Same bezel. Same movement. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Same case. Same bezel. Same movement. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

What do you mean same bezel?? Your Ocean is green!!! And about the movement, it's the same thing you'll find in a huge lot of automatic watches... I must have a 2824-2 in about 10 watches or so....

Come on, you know you are just trying to kid yourself and not giving in to temptation.... does it help if I mention that Ratzinger would be very happy to see you following that path? :lol: :lol:

Ok, I finally gave in to temptation :rolleyes:

Hopefully I`ll get the number I ordered :wink2:

Well done, congrats!!!

As they are pretty much all sold, we'll be getting them pretty much at the same time. It will be funny to see a Friday thread crowded with Steinies snowflakes :lol:

I would also like to say what a gent Maurice is. We've had a few emails go back and forth, and he's been very accommodating and replies faster than my missus replies to my texts to her!!

Same here. Quick to reply and someone that you feel actually cares and spends 30 seconds more to write back a proper email. Not like some seller that get back to you with an email saying "No" or "Yes".

And they are over, just posted by Maurice on the WUS thread. All pre-ordered.

A few news for those of you that don't want to bother with the 20+ page thread over there... there will be a delay in delivery because apparently there aren't snowflake hands available. So they are going to be made in Switzerland especifically for this watch and that could take 8 weeks to get to Gunther. Save estimate is the watch will be with us in May but Gunther said he will try to speed things up and have it ready in April.

Also, there's a possibility that Aramar and Steinhart logos will change place... Gunther suggested having the Aramar logo on the dial and Steinhart on the case back. Two reasons... it's a custom made Aramar watch and second, there was much fuss created by Steinhart official resellers that complained about not being able to sell this watch. As a owner of 3 Steinharts, this is good news to me.

Oh, and if you want to read the WUS thread, here's the link, I think Carl posted it already: http://forums.watchu...ean-802735.html

Edited by Kutusov