• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
dowsing

Steinhart Snowflake Sub

if I hadnt come to the party 5 months too late I'd have bought one too!! :mda:

Keep an eye out on the SC... my guess is that a few will sell in the 2 weeks after delivery :yes:

Keep an eye out on the SC... my guess is that a few will sell in the 2 weeks after delivery :yes:

Odds are that it will be Kutusov! :)

Odds are that it will be Kutusov! :)

If you go by my latest record... I haven't been happy about 90% of the watches I have bought recently.

...and I still don't know what I'll feel about a blue watch with that sort of trying-to-look old tritium lume. That's a trepidation I been feeling more and more the closer the delivery date comes. Not alone in this too... So who knows, you might be right. If it was a black and white snowflakie, I know it would be a keeper... as it is, it remains to be seen. :unsure:

Edited by Kutusov

.... that sort of trying-to-look old tritium lume. That's a trepidation I been feeling more and more the closer the delivery date comes....

Yep, if it's too custardy, I might have to give someone else custody.

(Sorry.)

(Sorry.)

Don't be, I'm sure a lot of people would be glad if we didn't get along with it (glad not in a petty way :lol: )

Where's Mach post? We do get the new post notifications one by one, you know? ... Are you moderating yourself now? :partytime:

And me.

Me too. If anyone decides to flip upon arrival, feel free to drop a PM.

(Sorry.)

Don't be, I'm sure a lot of people would be glad if we didn't get along with it (glad not in a petty way :lol: )

I was actually apologising for my terrible pun - custardy / custody - which you very politely ignored so as not to embarrass me. (I know your English is better than mine...) :D

I was actually apologising for my terrible pun - custardy / custody - which you very politely ignored so as not to embarrass me. (I know your English is better than mine...) :D

Of course it isn't and if you need proof, it wasn't politeness that made me miss the pun :lol:

nice looking watch, not sure i like the fake patina.

Yep, you're not the only one who's unsure - even amongst those who've ordered one! :eek:

In the time it has taken you could have bought a real one, enjoyed it and sold it on with little or no loss, maybe even a small profit. I doubt if you'll be able to say that about the look a likey.

:lol: :lol:

In the time it has taken you could have bought a real one

Are you saying I bought a fake Steinhart?? :blink:

:thumbsup:

Right...this is basically a knock off isn't it?

Im sorry, but this is sailing way to close to the wind to be a "hommage" and is a blatant copy of a classic....."with aged patina" surely this is a piss take?

A nod to a classic is cool, but to do such a blatant rip-off really is taking the piss....

There's a touch of double standards and hypocrisy around what is/is not acceptable....

the line between wearing a hommage and a fake is so blurred its laughable.......

I couldnt care less one way or another if someone wants to wear a turkish beach knock off rep of a rolex, or this...it really doesn't bother me......but, some of you are so quick to get on a bandwagon if someone does wear a replica/knock off/panny-a-like or whatever......

Actually it wouldn't surprise me that some fakes did turn up, I noticed recently they were offering a rip off of a Tag Carrera..........nearly €1000 !!!!

I bought and sold a real Tag Carrera for that :lol: :lol:

Does it have Tudor on the dial?

No!

Would I like a Tudor Snowflake?

Yes but I really can`t be arsed spending the (IMO) ridiculous amount of money they cost so I`m quite happy to buy the Steinhart version & I really don`t give a flying fig what other people think about it :tease:

Have a nice day :D

I really don`t give a flying fig what other people think about it :tease:

There's the problem right there... if you cared you wouldn't be caught dead wearing anything but a Tudor... because you know everybody knows what a Tudor Snowflake is anyway :D

Almost Tminus 27 :P