• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
dowsing

Steinhart Snowflake Sub

if I hadnt come to the party 5 months too late I'd have bought one too!! :mda:

And me.

Me too. If anyone decides to flip upon arrival, feel free to drop a PM.

Can I add myself to that queue? Stunning looking watch.

Today construction of the new STEINHART headquarters started. They must be doing something right.

yJjPIoK.jpg

Where did you find that?

Homage! Lol....... Stienhart marketing dept must be geniuses. They've convinced a load of WIS's to buy copies!

Today construction of the new STEINHART headquarters started. They must be doing something right.

yJjPIoK.jpg

Where did you find that?

Homage! Lol....... Stienhart marketing dept must be geniuses. They've convinced a load of WIS's to buy copies!

Steinhart's Facebook page.And they are geniuses - they convinced us to buy top quality at a great price. Say no more. :yes:

if I hadnt come to the party 5 months too late I'd have bought one too!! :mda:

And me.

Me too. If anyone decides to flip upon arrival, feel free to drop a PM.

Can I add myself to that queue? Stunning looking watch.

I will be waiting for any unwanted watches too, beautiful looking watch!

still a hommage however way you look at it......

er.....LOL

We should be seeing real pictures of the thing this week... that would mean Gunther got the watches within the estimated time.

No pictures this week = delay...

It does seem awfully quiet still, a picture would be great I'm beginning to forget what the watch looks like :)

We should be seeing real pictures of the thing this week... that would mean Gunther got the watches within the estimated time.

No pictures this week = delay...

It does seem awfully quiet still, a picture would be great I'm beginning to forget what the watch looks like :)

Yeah, I've got a feeling that I may have ordered one once, but I can't remember... :lookaround:

Yeah, I've got a feeling that I may have ordered one once, but I can't remember... :lookaround:

'twas a black and white snowflake, surely... I don't think I would ever go for a blue and pink watch :sweatdrop: :partytime:

'twas a black and white snowflake, surely...

Maybe they'll send me the Top Secret Project Watch by mistake.

After all, it's easy to confuse Arctic Ocean #29 with Antarctic Ocean #1.

A cat like that might come in handy to clean the inside of bottles and stuff like that :lol:

Careful Renato, Molly is not amused!! :nono:

MollyPrimecatIMG_0150.jpg

:lol:

Molly is not amused aroused. :lol: (Similar look to other females)

Molly is not amused aroused. :lol:

You`re lucky, Molly is in a good mood today otherwise you`d be in deep trouble :fear:

Actually this isn`t true - she`s a very placid & tolerant lady :D

Seen the news already, haven't you? Steinhart ordered 500 movements (400 for the Oceans and 100 for the Arctic Ocean) and ETA delivered... 40. No Snowflake any time soon. I'm dropping out... I wasn't all that sure about a blue watch with orange lume to beguine with... :(

I'm going to take a week's cooling off time and see how I feel about it then. The delay, plus my continued worry about the custard-coloured lume, means I might well be with Kutusov in pulling out. Photos of a sample (assembled with one of the rare and precious movements kindly and graciously supplied by ETA) might make me keep my patience. Maybe.

My comments are on WUS but I've just got my money back.

Did you get all your money back ?

I cancelled a few weeks ago but because I paid by PayPal and it was over 3 months ago Maurice couldn't just issue a full refund, he had to just send me a payment. Cost me about £30 in fees for the pleasure of someone else having my money for 3+ months !!!

I'm not cancelling. I'm in it for the long haul. The people I'm sorry for are Gunther and Maurice as I'm sure they must feel as if they were standing before us with their pants down. Gunther perhaps even more so as he also has orders for his long promised general stock to fill. These two men are honourable and eventually I will have a well crafted watch that I had to wait what seems more than a lifetime. Perhaps for that reason I shall cherish it that much more.

Very, very low class shabby business ethics by ETA/Swatch Group! :yucky:

Did you get all your money back ?

I cancelled a few weeks ago but because I paid by PayPal and it was over 3 months ago Maurice couldn't just issue a full refund, he had to just send me a payment. Cost me about £30 in fees for the pleasure of someone else having my money for 3+ months !!!

I was paid by paypal also but I initially placed the order through BT. That's a free of cost operation for me, as far as I know (SEPA, that British banks signed but apparently don't honour as I've seen with in a few buys and sales over the SC). I'll still have to check that but I'll let you know. (And, obviously, if there was a BT cost, I can't expect Maurice to cover that).

Yeap, and completely congruent with their bank system and... let me shut up before this gets into the political section...

But I tell you... it's our fault. The only thing that might make a brand insist on using an ETA when there's the Miyota 9015 alternative, is only that people care about the Swiss Made on dial. I would be soooo glad that all these small businesses dropped the ETA altogether and would let them deal only with their home brands... it would be the end of them seeing my money.

Same case. Same bezel. Same movement. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

What do you mean same bezel?? Your Ocean is green!!! And about the movement, it's the same thing you'll find in a huge lot of automatic watches... I must have a 2824-2 in about 10 watches or so....

So said the man who replied to the above - :yes:

But I tell you... it's our fault. The only thing that might make a brand insist on using an ETA when there's the Miyota 9015 alternative, is only that people care about the Swiss Made on dial. I would be soooo glad that all these small businesses dropped the ETA altogether and would let them deal only with their home brands... it would be the end of them seeing my money.

Fair enough but the situation isn't as clean as that. A large part of the history of watchmaking is based around those alps and many, myself included, feel enriched by that heritage. I'm not besmirching the quality of Miyota or any other alternative but one must admit when walking in the footsteps of the distinguished pioneers. Perhaps I'm a luddite...

My grievance is with Swatch and their arrogance. It has how the world has, sadly, (de)evolved.