• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Greenred

Can You Help Me To Choose Automatic Watch?

Hello,

I'm new here and trying to choose a new automatic watch. I have no decent knowledge about watches, movements and so on... I am looking for something under 350 pounds. More interested in classic looking or interesting design and also leather strap, no metalic. I have picked some watches already, but maybe you have better suggestions in this price range? So here they are:

Rotary GS02375/01 (224 pounds):

rot1.jpg

rot2.jpg

Zeppelin 7060-5 (349 pounds) :

zep1.jpg

zep2.jpg

and Ingersoll IN8009SL (212 pounds):

inger1.jpg

inger2.jpg

Please give me your opinion. I personally prefer the first one (Rotary) amazing design. :)

Cheers

Mantas

For that sort of money, I would go for a good used one with an ETA movement. Perhaps Tissot, Omega or one from our sponsor's Roys (RLT) stable.

RLT

Mike

Edited by tixntox

It depends on how much you like the ones you've chosen. For that money there's lots that would fit the bill. Preowned widens this even more. You'd certainly get an omega, zenith, oris or such like. New, seiko, citizen, one of Roy's and lots more are possible.

From your selection it looks like you're after some sort of chrono, display back on a strap. Would this be right? It may help with narrowing down recommendations.

Good luck with the hunt

anything with a 2824 or possibly a 2892 movement, as above you will get a much better watch buying used , other than that just buy what you like the look of.

Out of the three, I do quite fancy that Rotary. I don't think it should give any trouble. :)

and i just found that on amazon this watch sell for £121.99 instead of £224 my first find.

I found that first one Rotary for 109 pounds... Can this seller be fake one? http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/watches2u_uk (not sure if i can post links on this forum, sorry if i can't :) ) This seller offers really cheap prices, it might be a fake watches maybe?

For £350 or less you can get something new with an ETA 2836-2 movement like a Tissot PRC200, or an ETA 2824-2 in a Tissot Le Locle, either with black or silver dials.

I found that first one Rotary for 109 pounds... Can this seller be fake one? http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/watches2u_uk (not sure if i can post links on this forum, sorry if i can't :) ) This seller offers really cheap prices, it might be a fake watches maybe?

I doubt that he is fake as he has nearly 147,000 feedback at a 99.1% rate.

As the others have stated here though I would personally go for something with a Swiss ETA movement. A lot more watch for your money.

£349 will get you one of these from our host Roy -

Z5Y8F65.jpg

And £299 will get you one of these -

IUDcXKV.jpg

Both feature an Swiss ETA 2824-2 movement.

Brand new, with warranty, in your mitt.

Check them out here - www.rltwatches.co.uk

(by the way this is the only watch company that you can provide a direct link to on this forum)

For £350 or less you can get something new with an ETA 2836-2 movement like a Tissot PRC200, or an ETA 2824-2 in a Tissot Le Locle, either with black or silver dials.

yes I love mine :thumbup:

Thank you for your suggestions. I've decide to stay with Rotary GS02375/01 because i found it twice cheaper (109 pounds) and decided to save some money at the time and buy a better automatic watch maybe in two years :) I also love suggested Tissot Le Locle, very nice classic looking watch.

M.