• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Griff

Next Rlt

smile.gif ...This is getin interestin ...why am I thinkin Glycine here...? is it me...?

no offence intended only admoration ,I am lovin it red or yellow looks great Im sure it will be a cracking watch Roy

as always !

punk.gif

smile.gif ...This is getin interestin ...why am I thinkin Glycine here...? is it me...?

No offence taken at all Rod, wink.gif

I was just playing in my CAD program and came up with the design from my head, made a printing block and this is how it turned out. It was only going to be a rough draft but I like it a lot so will stick with it. I did not think of any other brand even though they may say I did. smile.gif

If only it could be done without a date heart.gif  heart.gif  heart.gif  heart.gif

It can, you just made it an option. laugh.gif

Roy please Don`t say you could do it as per Gravedodger`s pic undated but with all hands yellow otherwise it`ll be another watch I want msn-cry.gifmsn-cry.giflaugh.gif

Edited by mach 0.0013137

Roy please Don`t say you could do it as per Gravedodgers pic undated but with  all  hands yellow otherwise it`ll be another watch I want msn-cry.gif  msn-cry.gif  laugh.gif

Sorry Mac but yes I can, laugh.gif

Roy: love the watch. But please, I'm not that keen on the serif font for the numerals. IMO on a hi-tech carbon fibre watch, they should be more modern.

What about numerals similar to those on a Breitling B1 or Aerospace? Blue seconds hand.

Yes, I know: I bet you wish you had not asked., But can you do a preview of it with B1 type numerals?

notworthy.gif

Roy please Don`t say you could do it as per Gravedodgers pic undated but with  all  hands yellow otherwise it`ll be another watch I want msn-cry.gif  msn-cry.gif  laugh.gif

Sorry Mac but yes I can, laugh.gif

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! I Told you not to say that taz.giftaz.gif

OK I`ll have one after the 17 wink2.gif

Was it Jason who suggested I arrange for my payroll dept to send you money every month straight out of my wages msn-cry.gifmsn-cry.gif

Memo to self check up the meaning of the phrases `self control` and `will power` no.gifdoctor.gif

Edited by mach 0.0013137

Roy: love the watch. But please, I'm not that keen on the serif font for the numerals. IMO on a hi-tech carbon fibre watch, they should be more modern.

What about numerals similar to those on a Breitling B1 or Aerospace? Blue seconds hand.

Yes, I know: I bet you wish you had not asked., But can you do a preview of it with B1 type numerals?

notworthy.gif

I'll see what I can come up with George over the weekend.

It actually looks very nice as it is in real life. The font is Times New Roman as the lettering. I really only wanted to use one dial typeface but I will see what I can do. wink.gif

Try font type "Gill Sans" if you have it Roy. Would appreciate a look at the mock up even if you don't make it.

wink.gif

OK how about a light blue only on the Arabics and the second hand. BTW I love it in red and if you start taking orders I'm in (red with white on black date).

Try font type "Gill Sans" if you have it Roy. Would appreciate a look at the mock up even if you don't make it.

wink.gif

Don't have that one George but I have just done this :

post-1-1113594181.jpg

I like that Roy, gives it a very modern and sporty look.

Bit too Breitling though don't you think ?

OK how about a light blue only on the Arabics and the second hand. BTW I love it in red and if you start taking orders I'm in (red with white on black date).

Yup, like that idea too. heart.gifheart.gif

I like the Italics  smile.gif  but think it is better without the batons  sad.gif like below:

user posted image

Love the typeface Roy, LOVE IT. and I think Hawky might be right about the batons. I don't think its TOO Breitling, but if you think it is, what about a non-italic style? That might be just enough to distance it.

heart.gifheart.gif

Edited by ESL

Love the typeface Roy, LOVE IT. and I think Hawky might be right about the batons.

heart.gif  heart.gif

Me too....an automatic with a modern typeface does it for me heart.gif

Comments for and against are most welcome, it's only a prototype, I may not even make it.  wink.gif

I hope you do make it - I love the idea.

How about a bright blue second hand?

And white on black date?

And, what about AR coated crystal... punk.gif

I like the Italics  smile.gif  but think it is better without the batons  sad.gif like below:

user posted image

That is very nice Paul, I`d go for that punk.gifpunk.gif

Roy the hands are OK with me, I would like, as I said to have them in yellow, any chance of seeing how this would look? wink2.gif

Edited by mach 0.0013137

You don't think it's too sparce without the batons ?

It has be be right before I make another printing block, it takes too long and costs too much to do it and then change the layout.

No I feel it gives it a very modern high tech feel, mind you I wonder how it would look with small triangles instead of dots at the 5 minute spaces between the numbers or would that be too much of a hassle?

Edited by mach 0.0013137

No, its not too bad. Perhaps not having the hour dots, aand half size batons beteen the 12, 3, 6, 8?

Roy, how difficult would it be for you to punch the date aperture at the 4 o'clock position? Or is that a step too far?

No I feel it gives it a very modern high tech feel, mind you I wonder how it would look with small triangles instead of dots at the 5 minute space between the numbers or would that be too much of a hassle?

No I'm using dots as I will be filling them with luminous compound.