• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Roy

Carbon Fibre Dial Watch

I have decided to start a new thread on this as the other is too cluttered.

I have finalised the design and made two stunning watches. I'm just taking pictures now, hang on .... smile.gif

I think to keep costs and time to a minimum I will only be printing the dial in white, well maybe wink2.gif .

The options available :

The colour of the dial dots can be anything you want.

The hands can be plain or have a coloured insert, again any colour you want.

Both dials available with or without calendar.

Black or white calendar.

Yep, first one is the one...very clean design. smile.gif

Bloody good idea whoever thought of having no batons tongue.gif

On the second, you can't really have that date window breaking through the "3" like that....can you? huh.gif

Any idea of price yet Roy? msn-cry.gif

I think an undated version of the second one would be super cool cool.gif

Very impressed with the yellow lining on the hands punk.gif

Well done that man thumbup.gifclap.gif

Edited by mach 0.0013137

I like the way the date shows through the three, it looks a lot better than no three at all. wink.gif

Price will be under £150.

You say the dots can be any colour, can they also be done in superluminova?

You say the dots can be any colour, can they also be done in superluminova?

Yes Sir, white, green or yellow luminova. wink.gif

Luminova as an option sounds good to me yes.gif they should sell well, there are a lot of lumies out here laugh.gif

Luminova as an option sounds good to me yes.gif they should sell well, there are a lot of lumies out here laugh.gif

There certainly are, laugh.gif

I'm not so sure now - I may get used to the new font but I could never come to terms with the date poking through the 3 like that nono.gif - and I'd prefer to have a date - is there no other way? sad.gif

Maybe I'll come round if I keep looking at the non-date version - it does look quite cool sans batons.... cool.gif

I'm not so sure now - I may get used to the new font but I could never come to terms with the date poking through the 3 like that nono.gif  - and I'd prefer to have a date - is there no other way? sad.gif

Maybe I'll come round if I keep looking at the non-date version - it does look quite cool sans batons.... cool.gif

It probably would look better with a black date wheel.

I have the original printing plate too so i can still use that should anyone wan't it.

Oh too many options , my head hurts. laugh.gif

Hang on and I'll see if I can photo shop a black calendar wheel onto it....................

post-1-1113677401.jpg

I could move the calendar to between 3 and four or 4 and 5 but that would mean removing the dial feet.

I could move the calendar to between 3 and four or 4 and 5 but that would mean removing the dial feet.

What I suggest you do is to finish off the "3" on the actual date wheel ... but you'd have to do it for all 31 days eek.giflaugh.gif

What I suggest you do is to finish off the "3" on the actual date wheel ... but you'd have to do it for all 31 days eek.giflaugh.gif

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

When are you taking orders say now please. I would like the second dial, black date wheel and red dots and hands. Is it going to be on the carbon strap? Also any chance of the whole case being brushed?

When are you taking orders say now please. I would like the second dial, black date wheel and red dots and hands. Is it going to be on the carbon strap? Also any chance of the whole case being brushed?

I'll take email orders now but it may take me a week or so to complete any.

Hands can be all red or red with luminous inserts or red with white inserts would look good.

I may even be able to make a few with red numerals but that would be a month away and may look a little too much.

Yes will include the carbon straps.

Sorry I cannot brush the bezels.

The price will be £149.

I do not know excatly where it would sit but this will give you some idea :

Date at 4 really works for me - especially if it was white on black laugh.gif . Could you do this arrangement without batons? + all white markers + white lume dots + white lume fill to hands + bright blue second hand + polished bezel + carbon strap - I'm ready when you are wink.gif And, if you're numbering, low even please biggrin.gif

Edited by dapper

I have changed my mind again blink.gif , I posted above that I could not do this but YES I think I can. As I say the dial feet would have to be removed and the dial would be secured to the movement by a different method but yes I can do it.

Not numbering them as they will probably all be different.