• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Incoming... Again.

Trigger

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really like the colour on that bezel and dial, IMO I would stick with the vintage leather, very nice but you have now just added yet another watch to my ever increasing wish list!

It might actually be the wrong one I've posted. There are two very similar models. One of which is the 'Golden Eye' model which I think is the one pictured ( but could be wrong ). I think my incoming is slightly different. I'm trying so hard to not care too much at this stage because it simply represents yet another layer of obsession. :(

My wrist is probably too skinny for the original leather strap unless I punch out an extra hole, which I'm not going to do for flip on purposes. I might get a good quality, suede look bund. But I'll definitely get a good bracelet as well.

Really like the colour on that bezel and dial, IMO I would stick with the vintage leather, very nice but you have now just added yet another watch to my ever increasing wish list!

It might actually be the wrong one I've posted. There are two very similar models. One of which is the 'Golden Eye' model which I think is the one pictured ( but could be wrong ). I think my incoming is slightly different. I'm trying so hard to not care too much at this stage because it simply represents yet another layer of obsession. :(

My wrist is probably too skinny for the original leather strap unless I punch out an extra hole, which I'm not going to do for flip on purposes. I might get a good quality, suede look bund. But I'll definitely get a good bracelet as well.

i have similar never ending problems, what size is your wrist?

746701d1340646215-glycine-combat-sub-worlds-exclusive-edition-in2watchesedition.jpg

7301277556_c542b0c182_k.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1341909141099

It's never going to end, is it? Now the process begins to source an alternate mode of fixture to the arm. Bracelet? Probably. Yet another expensive itch scratched. I'll have to sell something now. Then I'll see something else.

Help.

I feel your pain, I now want need one of those* :drool:

* on a non-leather strap obviously :wink2:

Thanks folks. It's staying on leather for now, but it's a nice aged look leather zulu that it's getting. I was trying to get something suede but the UK market is rather barren for what I was looking for. I've seen an awesome suede zulu available in the USA and I may well pull the trigger on it and agonise over the protracted wait for it to arrive. One for the back burner.

Very nice! I was looking at one the other day in my local independent AD (where I bought the watch below). I'm a fan of Glycine watches and the fact that it's a small 'Artisan' company.

This one was I believe the original Combat Sub and initially came out in the mid 1990s.

004.jpg

Edited by Stinch

Nice example, remember these back in the 90's as were worn in the City of London and attracted various comments. I wish could find a good original one as they seem quite rare in good condition.

I bought mine brand new just a couple of years ago. The AD had 'squirelled' it away but as he was waiting for Glycine stock he put this one out on display. He let me have it for what was on the original price tag!

746701d1340646215-glycine-combat-sub-worlds-exclusive-edition-in2watchesedition.jpg

7301277556_c542b0c182_k.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1341909141099

It's never going to end, is it? Now the process begins to source an alternate mode of fixture to the arm. Bracelet? Probably. Yet another expensive itch scratched. I'll have to sell something now. Then I'll see something else.

Help.

That is a wonderful watch, the colour is different, I like different, love the strap.

I've taken the plunge on the USA zulu, but with non-PVD-ed rings. It was just too dazzling to pass up on. It'll be getting kept, even if the watch goes later on.

So... keeping straps with a view to using them later in the event of sourcing a suitable watch. Horse before the cart. Taking 'the illness' to another level.

Edited by Trigger