• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
woody77

Seiko 200M Diver Totally Bomb Proof 3000 Hours Diveing Still Going Str

hi well hear we have from jan 1992 a seiko 7N36-7A0A not a watch you see much by the way .the guy i got from told me this,this watch has dived in the red sea,barrier reef,carlbben.south afica,maldives,scapa flow, amongst others,he said he had had owned omega,rolex,tissot ,divers watches but this was by far the best watch he had used ,there obvious sings of wear on the watch as its done 3000 hrs of underwater work.he said thatit had always been well maintian,when he had new battery had the seals done as well and then pressure tested .i just had to have for its history and thefact you do not see 7A0A much gold hands and dial markes and logo , have you got one that has worked harder .all the best woody77.by the way keeping very good time day & date still working .033_zps25bf7eee.jpg032_zps4aa8e78a.jpg041-1_zpsa4322e6e.jpg039_zps5392b59d.jpg038_zpsd1fe8c6f.jpg040_zpsde63bbc5.jpg

Nice that - I like the fact that it hasn't been babied & has been used for what it was intended for :thumbup:

+1, although if it were me I would replace the crystal, if still poss.

Lovely buy Woody :good:

I love seeing watches like this that are a little battle scarred, have been well used and have a story to tell. They have lived along with their owner.

Nice one Woody.

Nice one Ian. Reminds me of this one that I had some years ago:-

tissot2.jpg

It ran spot on in all functions.

Mike

Great to see a diver used for what it's been engineered for! Testament to the toughness of Seiko, too.

Great stuff, Woody! You always have something interesting to show us... :thumbup:

hi I will try this one next for swimming if I can fine one like for it ,I think this one will take the pool ok .all the best woody77.

Edited by woody77

That is a magnificent feat Woody, just shows you how robust these Seiko divers are, plus although there's signs of wear it still functions as it should after 3000 hours of underwater work, how many other so called diving watches could take that kind of abuse!

I am starting to think watches with a few scratches look better than ones straight out of the box. Gives them a bit more personality and some character.