UK Watch Forum banner

Omega Speedmaster Racing

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  DaveOS 
#1 ·
Accidentally found this on my wrist whilst out shopping for a watch for my wife today.

No idea how it got there, but it was the first Speedmaster I have ever tried on and, apart from being slightly heavier than I am used to, it fitted rather (too) well. In fact I loved the size and feel of the watch.

Not sure whether the yellow is something that, in 5 years time I might get bored of.

What do you think? Stick with the traditional or what? Wife is threatening to get me a watch for my 50th (which is in exactly 2 years less one day) - so gives me a little time to sleep on it.

The picture is rubbish (finger prints and all) and the crosshatch pattern on the small dials is not nearly as "strong" as the picture shows.

2013-04-21164916_zpsf9cf2112.jpg

Charles.

(It does seem to make my arm look like it has hair on it too - no idea how that happens).

See less See more
#3 ·
I have to say I quite like some of the Racing editions, though they do seem to get a bit of a mixed reception at times... They also do seem to have quite a variety of dial colours and configurations too. A nice size as far as I'm concerned, have you tried the Moonwatch on as well?

#6 ·
I have seen a lot of options on the sub dial hands - I am sure I can get it with a white second hand!

I would be getting this to wear rather than collect - it would probably be used 50% of the week perhaps.

Anyway, plenty of time to browse and think about the options, but I am pretty sure something from the Omega range will be number one or two on the list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.