• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
harry4696

Tissot Powermatic 80

Hello all,

I wonder if I could have your thoughts on a watch called the tissot powermatic 80, I am going to buy one but don't know which colour face I like it, I was thinking the black face with stainless steel strap or white or grey face with steel strap,

It's uses an era movement and has a power reserve of 80 hours, and cost 560 in the uk,

Let me know what you all think

Harry

http://m.tissot.ch/?collections/products/6599/n//T086.407.11.051.00

The black face on black leather strap versions look best out of that lot IMHO.

Oh, and welcome to the forum by the way :thumbup:

I've heard that this movement is proving quite a success and the dial colour to me would depend on what I was going to wear it for as I prefer light coloured dials for "dress" wear but for day wear, probably the black.

One thing, I would probably also go for the 'Chronometer' grade version, rather than the standard, ... http://m.tissot.ch/?collections/products/6612/n//T086.408.11.056.00 .... if it's not hugely more expensive. It's nice to know you can then get it regulated within COSC limits while it's under warranty. Though I have heard it's a good time keeper with the lower beat rate anyway. Nice watch though, I like Tissot designs better than most at that price range... :)

Hi Harry, welcome to the forum. My preference would be the black dial and steel strap.

I purchased a new automatic Tissot PRS516 earlier this month and I am delighted with it, Tissots are excellent value for money.

I'd probably go for the black face if only because the silver hands on a silver dial might prove less legible...