• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
levon2807

Sellers Wants To Go Back On Deal - Harassment

Hi Bond,

I don't think we're really in the game of justice-by-forum, for myself I merely commenting on the info we have at face value and what I would do if faced with what was described.

Mind if you think the English legal system is any less biased, I'm afraid in reality it's really more like that portrayed Blackadder Goes Forth 'Corporal Punishment' episode where Blackadder is found guilty of shooting and eating carrier pigeon Speckled Jim. He sends for genious lawyer Bob Massingbird who was notorious for getting people off, included convincing a jury that a man who had a blooded knife standing over a dead man, who was seen stabbing the man, in front of 13 witnesses, as well as saying "I'm glad I killed the b'tard" that he was not guilty. Many a truth said in jest :lol:

I know all about the English justice system, I've been done over by it on several occasions. I suspect it was my Scottish accent that was the problem, the Judge just didn't understand what I was trying to tell him.

:lol: :lol:

Probably never been called a dobber or bam before, so no wonder he didn't understand you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reminds me when I first moved "down the south" in the 80's, I got a job as foreman come manager in an engineering place. I would go into the workshop in the morning and fire out the list of the days work only to be met by blank faces and the blokes all looking at one another. They didn't have a clue what I was saying.

Stupid English people, so insular and unwilling to learn foreign languages. Not much changed these days either.

I suspect the sellers side of the story wouldn't change many minds, especially after 30 odd abusive texts ;)

Thanks for the reassurance chaps

As you haven't really enlightened us to the actual deal, as in what were the watches, how much you paid, how much you sold one on for, was it as a going concern or did you just cash in for the gold value yada yada

With all that in mind

#1sidedstory

:)

Hi Bond,

I don't think we're really in the game of justice-by-forum, for myself I merely commenting on the info we have at face value and what I would do if faced with what was described.

Mind if you think the English legal system is any less biased, I'm afraid in reality it's really more like that portrayed Blackadder Goes Forth 'Corporal Punishment' episode where Blackadder is found guilty of shooting and eating carrier pigeon Speckled Jim. He sends for genious lawyer Bob Massingbird who was notorious for getting people off, included convincing a jury that a man who had a blooded knife standing over a dead man, who was seen stabbing the man, in front of 13 witnesses, as well as saying "I'm glad I killed the b'tard" that he was not guilty. Many a truth said in jest :lol:

I know all about the English justice system, I've been done over by it on several occasions. I suspect it was my Scottish accent that was the problem, the Judge just didn't understand what I was trying to tell him.

Probably never been called a dobber or bam before, so no wonder he didn't understand you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reminds me when I first moved "down the south" in the 80's, I got a job as foreman come manager in an engineering place. I would go into the workshop in the morning and fire out the list of the days work only to be met by blank faces and the blokes all looking at one another. They didn't have a clue what I was saying.

Stupid English people, so insular and unwilling to learn foreign languages. Not much changed these days either.

My sympathies Bond. Mind you, your fault in the first place - whatever possessed to go to Sunderland?

It all sounds legal to me given what you posted in your first post. Invoice her for wasting your time.

Then when she is shocked, the modern reply is to teabag her.

Then when she is shocked, the modern reply is to teabag her.

tis the modern way

Yes, in the future, we will do away with prisons and just have professional teabaggers.

Edited by shadowninja

When you are trying to make a living you can't be to choosy where you end up

Tell me about it... Slough. I'll say nothing more.

I'm a tad surprised at some of the replies given we've only got one side of the story.

:)

Hi Bond

I don't think you'll get the sellers version of events as I wouldn't have thought she'd even know the first thing about Horological fora :blink:

John :)

As my old mother used to say

"Son there are three sides to every story................yours, theirs and the truth"

If I'm ever in trouble and in front of 12 of my peers I hope that some of the posters here aren't on the jury

Ha ha ha!!

Bond my friend- that made me chortle muchly :lol: :lol:

Your mum sounds like she was a very astute lady :notworthy:

John :D