• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I was a badge boy(Omega, Tag) and was never really happy with my purchases and then I decided on design only. I've had this watch 8 months and for me it's the best watched I ever owned. I just love the design.

DSCF9794.jpg

Next for me will be a Junghans Bill Max.

I don't know if this is going off topic, but in view of the responses posted, has anyone ever been asked about the watch on their wrist....'cos I never have. OK...new thread about to be started.

I don't know if this is going off topic, but in view of the responses posted, has anyone ever been asked about the watch on their wrist....'cos I never have. OK...new thread about to be started.

So true! I only ever have once and it was when I had my Mondaine on, probably because it is huge and has magnified glass!

wahzkw.jpg

Edited by Matthew999

There's a good point. Most people just don't care.

Only by people who are into watches

Only by people who are into watches

That's what I thought, too. Have a look here.

Edited by Roger the Dodger

i used to be a watch snob, now its any watch i like, however i am still a slight quartz snob...mechanical all the way....

I'd have to agree with the mechanical comment, although I don't think loving mechanical watches makes me a snob as such. I love the romance of it and the thought of wearing a machine on my wrist that is doing it's thing in tiny little increments over and over til it loses it's momentum, just like life.

see mechanical or automatic all the way. . . that tv series 'Revolution' is real, and when all the electric devices die i still want to tell the time. while quartz will just stop working.. im buying for the reckoning .... nah im just a snob. i only buy swiss and only mechanical .. its hard being a working class 22 year old snob. identity crisis in a hoody

If you mean in general ive never met you so dont know, if you mean watch snob then i'd have to say no- not when youbhave choosen the name maurice lacroix :)

If you mean in general ive never met you so dont know, if you mean watch snob then i'd have to say no- not when youbhave choosen the name maurice lacroix :)

lol ...........very good......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

What are we saying about Maurice Lacroix??!!!

Seiko's are awesome. I've owned Rolex panerai omega bell&ross and even a Maurice Lacroixand the watch I wear most and love the most is my Seiko black monster. If you have an inclination to get a Seiko do it, you won't be disappointed.

What are we saying about Maurice Lacroix??!!!

well the title is about 'snobs' and i spoke about maurice lacroix so we can put the two together and take a look at 'watch snob' :)

http://www.askmen.co...ix-watches.html

Edited by pugster

Snob, yes. You should wear the watch for YOU, not for ANYONE else. I have watches that cost many thousands of pounds Blancpain, Rolex.Breitling Iwc and others, most people would'nt have a clue to the cost.

One watch I do wear a lot cost 99p + 6.99 p&p off Ebay called a WE-DE and gets lots of coments and is in my opinion a nice looking watch.

I also have about 100 Seiko's every one of them a very good watch and good time keepers in my opinion.

I must admit that even after I got a GS it took a while to get used to seeing a Seiko logo on my wrist. But then two things happened. Firstly, the undeniable quality of the watch changed my idea of what (Grand) Seiko meant, as it gradually started to take up at least 50% of my wrist time. It's the most accurate and comfortable watch I own, the one that gives me that 'pair of slippers' feeling. Secondly, I started to enjoy being able to opt out of the label game. Not that I object to famous brands on watches, but sometimes I can enjoy wearing a well made and pricey watch without everyone else needing to know it. Gradually GS are starting to advertise over here so this may not last, but it's oddly fun while it does.

You should wear the watch for YOU, not for ANYONE else.

This, a watch isn't an investment; it should, however, ideally reflect you as a person rather than the groupthink that's often prevalent on most watch fora.

Guest robert75

You should wear the watch for YOU, not for ANYONE else.

This, a watch isn't an investment; it should, however, ideally reflect you as a person rather than the groupthink that's often prevalent on most watch fora.

Pardon?

There is definitely something very manly and hugely utilitarian about Seiko diver's watches. It's also the knowing that if you scrape it against a wall it's not the end of the world.

There is definitely something very manly and hugely utilitarian about Seiko diver's watches. It's also the knowing that if you scrape it against a wall it's not the end of the world.

C'mon, c'mon. Don't give up now :)

i used to be a watch snob, now its any watch i like, however i am still a slight quartz snob...mechanical all the way....

I'd have to agree with the mechanical comment, although I don't think loving mechanical watches makes me a snob as such. I love the romance of it and the thought of wearing a machine on my wrist that is doing it's thing in tiny little increments over and over til it loses it's momentum, just like life.

see mechanical or automatic all the way. . . that tv series 'Revolution' is real, and when all the electric devices die i still want to tell the time. while quartz will just stop working.. im buying for the reckoning .... nah im just a snob. i only buy swiss and only mechanical .. its hard being a working class 22 year old snob. identity crisis in a hoody

A quartz with a battery would stop working if you could no longer get batteries. The world has moved on and now you can have a solar powered quartz or a Grand Seiko Spring Drive which uses automatic and quartz. Have you bought youself a car with a starting handle ready for when the battery will not turn the starter motor?

IMHO seiko divers watches is best looking divers for the money and quality as well in current market.Its like the ruggedness amd toughness look of its divers.maybe for who for someone just started collecting might get the brand snub.but once you start joining some forums like this one where all people who are great and helpful.this is where you will appreciate other brands, styles of watches and learn a lot of from it.hope you get over and i know you will.