• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Chinese Delivery

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know they all have 21 jewels, I gather some were marked `19 Zuan` to make them look more like the originals :wink2:

...and I think the difference that means is that the first was straight out Venus and not the new ST19s that are upgraded version of that movement. (same story with the Russian 3133 and the Valjoux 773x. The Russian is an upgraded version with extra jewels).

As far as I know they all have 21 jewels, I gather some were marked `19 Zuan` to make them look more like the originals :wink2:

...and I think the difference that means is that the first was straight out Venus and not the new ST19s that are upgraded version of that movement. (same story with the Russian 3133 and the Valjoux 773x. The Russian is an upgraded version with extra jewels).

I still don't understand why it says "ZUAN" on the dial. :huh:

Later,

William

Where can you purchase these?

Google "Seagull 1963 site:nl" and you get the link to wereldhorloges. They are out of stock now but I think they'll come back if you're willing to wait. Alternatively, and incurring in VAT and duties, look for an ebay seller called trusthonestman, he has them on stock right now.

Google "Seagull 1963 site:nl" and you get the link to wereldhorloges. They are out of stock now but I think they'll come back if you're willing to wait. Alternatively, and incurring in VAT and duties, look for an ebay seller called trusthonestman, he has them on stock right now.

Or keep searching the bay every day until a bargain turns up :D

Or keep searching the bay every day until a bargain turns up :D

USA on the bay with the 42mm, there is a German dealer on the bay with 3 different dials and he supplies with 2 straps, and the dealer Kutusov named. That one makes me laugh if you read his negative feedback, he don’t take any prisoners. Watch unique in the Netherlands has them as well.

I suspect they are being made in more than one place. There are different crowns and crystals/acrylic lenses. Just MHO.

Have a look on watchuseek for even more opinions.

:thumbup:

I have just got one of these on a whim. It's certainly different! Mine (from a Dutch site) looks identical to the OP's one, except that the strap is clearly different - a much lighter brown. It says 'Morellato' on the inside of the strap, which I thought was quite a good make. I was surprised to get a spare Nato strap, which I thought looked quite nice. It is also a Morellato. Anyway, the main point of this post is... The last time I used a hand-wound watch was before quartz had been invented, or at any rate, when quartz watches were still expensive luxuries. I have totally forgotten the rules for winding them. Do you wind them until you can't wind any further, or do you stop when it starts to get tight? I would appreciate advice.

Thanks for reply - I thought the resistance was increasing - maybe my imagination.

It may be that the crown starts to dig into your finger tips a bit as you are winding. I have one watch with a particularly thin crown that really starts to bite after a few turns and seems tight by the time I'm done.

Later,

William

Edited by William_Wilson