• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
mjsrb5

Show Us Yer Modded Seikos!

Just finished this mod on an invicta 8926ob not all Seiko but the movement is a hacking and hand winding Seiko NH35A. I really like the Tudor Black Bay and this is my attempt to get something that looks like it but for a fraction of the cost.

Dagaz dial and hands

Domed mineral crystal from cussins

Red bezel insert is a Rolex non original of the bay.

First pic still waiting for the bezel insert to arrive from Texas!

20150206_091114_zpshdvujepq.jpg

And the finished pics

20150209_130059_zpszaasgkzz.jpg

20150209_134156_zpsxsjh8ept.jpg

20150209_134052_zpsauegbbhb.jpg

I really like that. The gold accents on black bays tend to put me of so the all silver look on that really appeals. Is the invicta all the same dimensions as a seiko diver? And don't they have invicta engraved on the case side? Might have a go at one myself. Lovely work. Well done.

Yes same size and yes it was engraved invicta on the side until I rasped it off then.

I chose the invicta lot cheaper than a Seiko as a starting point for a mod.

The movement is an outstanding timekeeper it's still spot on after a week!!

The movement is an outstanding timekeeper it's still spot on after a week!!

It's a better movement than the 7s26 that's in most seiko mods. I've got to have a go. Have you seen the thread on WUS about modded invicta? Some lovely stuff over there.

I only got my first Seiko in December and now I have 5 (1 incoming thanks to Lampoc)

this one originally had a pepsi bezel but alas it did not agree with me, so in went this red insert from the bay.

temporary_zpsa5508b2f.jpg

next I had a spare dial from a 5 that I changed so I thought the black pilot dial would look better than the dark blue,

temporary_zps3f5df182.jpg

one of my cheaper watches and becoming one of my faves. the dial looks even better than I thought it may,but I think some pilot hands will be next and maybe bubble boy crystal.

for those with the discerning eye you may also notice I polished the lugs instead of the standard satin effect

Here is my modded Seiko 6309, it's my favourite watch at the mo. It was a standard 6309 until I had Tiger UK machine the case and fit a shroud. Brilliant job ! new dial, domed anti reflective crystal. I love it :)

image.jpg

Here is my modded Seiko 6309, it's my favourite watch at the mo. It was a standard 6309 until I had Tiger UK machine the case and fit a shroud. Brilliant job ! new dial, domed anti reflective crystal. I love it :)

image.jpg

Awesome job - we need that Tiger over here, can we not head-hunt him from SCWF? :D

image.jpg

I got Tiger UK to do the same for me last year :D Here's my 6309 Tiger Tuna.

He did an outstanding job on it. Mine is fitted with a Pav strap from Miterant off of here.

tst_zpswyaaqr7b.jpg

I thought I'd resurrect this thread as it is the one that got me thinking about modding a watch. So here it is...

DSC_1357_zpsd822434e.jpg~original

It's not all my own work. Thanks to Viny for blasting the case and to Bruce for digging me out of the hole I created by trying to re-fit the hands myself.

The chapter ring, dial and handset are from Dagaz, the insert from yobokies. I have kept the original crystal for the moment.

The bezel insert isn't glued in yet and I have strap choices to make but it will be on a grey nato from Andy (Iceblue) for the moment.

Thanks again for the help guys, I'm thrilled with it!  

• Like 2

Guest Bruce

nice, looks like a good clear dial :thumbsup: and a cool bezel insert too

Edited by Bruce

I thought I'd resurrect this thread as it is the one that got me thinking about modding a watch. So here it is...

DSC_1357_zpsd822434e.jpg~original

It's not all my own work. Thanks to Viny for blasting the cas

That's Vinny (Vinbo). Stupid phone!

On 27/10/2014 at 10:37, mjsrb5 said:

Decided to do another one today as I have a surplus of interesting spares lying around. This one is just a bit of fun and is based on a pilots watch.

Started as a SKX 007.

Parts used:

Yobokies P-38dial.

Yobokies Speedmaster hands.

Dagaz numbered chapter ring.

Dagaz Superdome crystal conversion and matched bezel insert.

Pav handmade strap.

It wont be to everyones taste as it's quite busy but that's the look I was aiming for.

Here's a few pics of the build.

Pilot2_zps463c8092.jpg

Pilot23_zps7f802105.jpg

Pilot13_zps1cf72e54.jpg

Pilot26_zpsce4aec60.jpg

Pilot30_zps00ba0bd1.jpg

Pilot36_zpsa8843e15.jpg

Excellent! Really like that.

• Like 1

On 03/03/2015 at 22:40, Roy said:

image.jpg

I like everything about this modification/conversion - can I ask how much it costs? I realise that this will depend on what options you choose - crystal, dial, hands etc - but any chance of a ball park figure for the case work & shroud at least? Also do you supply your own 6309 (presume the slim cased version) or can Tiger UK supply these? Lovely watch & sorry for all the questions :thumbsup: 

Edited by pauluspaolo

Hi Paul,

It cost me £150 for the case conversion. I just sent Tiger the bare case. This is a 6309 but he can do 7002's too. I fitted a domed crystal with anti reflective coating to it too, its one that I doubt I will ever sell  :)

tuna.thumb.jpg.fa371effc6bb841a992380a6c

Just got my latest one (for myself!) this Christmas. A 7S26 with 'Arctic camo' mod. Awesome lume, on the bezel as well as the dial.

20151228_095930_zpsqbkgdhch.jpg

Edited by Rekhmire

This one is made of two watches!

The movement was good but the case was bashed about sumfink awful!! so I transplanted the movement in this case that a member gave me in return for something! (Can't remember what!!)

The original case had Capital cities around the bezel, I liked this one more so I left it in place!! :thumbsup:

vwseikopworldtime.jpg

I put this together using bits from all over the world!!

Bry1975 gave me the dial that he'd relumed with Superluminova so I had to source everything to make the watch up, He wasn't happy with the bit of a smudge at 9 :notworthy:

From memory, The case came from Norway, The hands from Ramone (Hawaii I think!), The hands weren't very good quality, The hour hand fitted perfectly, Minute hand was tight, Second hand wouldn't fit at all, Too small on the tube!
I went through a heap of scrap watches before I found this second hand, It was a from an ultra cheap Swiss 1j EB movement!! :wacko:

vwseiko6309.jpg

Unfortunately the mainspring has given up the ghost and currently doesn't run!! :sadwalk:

Bry's lume was much better than Ramone's!!

als10.jpg

John :)