• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
leb001

Novelty Swiza 8 Brass Alarm Clock

Hi I am wondering if anyone can help me with any info for this clock I have. I have searched the internet and have found similar ones which possibly date from the 1950's but I haven't found one like this. Any help would be much appreciated. Hoping this photobucket link works as I am not too sure how to share the picture. Please let me know if it is not available to viewIMG_0823_zps3a355dec.jpg

I'd be careful giving it a rub if I were you, it's got bit of a look of Aladdin's Lamp about it! :lol:

Welcome to :rltb:, it's a great place to be!

Swiza were popular as 8 day mechanical alarm makers and mantel clock makers around the 50's and early 60's. A quick clean and re-lube and sho should go off for the next 40 years without much in the way of problems. A google and then an ebay search will show up similar SwIZA items al the time. The Quartz revolutionkind of killed out a lot of these sorts of makers, popping a batery in once a year appealed to the public much more than winding up even only once a week.

HTH a wee bit

:weed: