• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
PhilM

What Are You Eating?

5 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

@Nigelp

Proper scran tonight

Pie, Mash & Beans

2019-07-19_06-02-11

Is this more to your Up North palate ??? 

:biggrin:

it certainly is pies, steak puddings, sausages, pork steaks, with chips and beans or peas is about all i eat for tea, the odd pizza and fries if its just cheese and tomato, chesse pies are ok too. So are little pork pies. Tonight im having 2 corn beef tea cakes and some chips. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

it certainly is pies, steak puddings, sausages, pork steaks, with chips and beans or peas is about all i eat for tea, the odd pizza and fries if its just cheese and tomato, chesse pies are ok too. So are little pork pies. Tonight im having 2 corn beef tea cakes and some chips. 

Have you tried Pukka pies, don't forget lots of pepper in the mash and I'm a recent convert to HP beans. 

:biggrin:

19 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

Ya complete and utter git :biggrin: you've got me salivating.  It's impossible to find a decent pie on this side of the channel.  My brother is due to arrive over here in a few weeks with my Tesco red cross parcel of Cheddar, Pies, sausages and bacon.  I do enjoy a good Marguez, but it can't hold a candle to a decent Cumberland :loudly-crying-face:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big Bad Boris said:

It's impossible to find a decent pie on this side of the channel.  

Whereas it is hard to find a bad one here in Melton Mowbray 

https://www.goleicestershire.com/thedms.aspx?dms=3&feature=1000&venue=2491220

But it also hard to get appointments at the local type 2 diabetes clinic :laugh:

On 24/07/2019 at 07:48, Roger the Dodger said:

Two lovely steaks, cooked to perfection by the missus. We had them with a nice, fresh salad. essen.gif

Proper steak.

Proper steak.

Cooked to perfection if you like it well done but far tastier if still pink inside.:thumbs_up:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fiery Goan pepper curry - made with the help of a "Spice Tailor" kit to which we added chicken, onion, green pepper and cornlets

Really very good for a kit!

Homemade turkey and vegetable soup, made from the stock that resulted from cooking a turkey crown in the slow cooker and some left over veg. Delish! essen.gif

• Like 1

The missus made some Scotch eggs and gave me one to try. In hindsight, I should have just thrown it down the toilet and cut out the middle man, but I didn't want to crack the pan.....:jawdrop1:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

The missus made some Scotch eggs and gave me one to try. In hindsight, I should have just thrown it down the toilet and cut out the middle man, but I didn't want to crack the pan.....:jawdrop1:

Bruce and I shared PMs on Scotch eggs.:rolleyes: No Bruce, they weren't born in "God's Country", they were resurrected by Normans. So don't blame we Saxons for stealing owt.:biggrin: 

They were claimed by Fortnum and Mason as it's creation, but the original concept seems to come from the middle east.

These days, if Rowena buys them from L:dl ,Ald~ or tisco , I peel the sh1te off and eat the egg.:wink:

The M&S ones are a bit better, poached egg inside, quite nice covering.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Bruce and I shared PMs on Scotch eggs.:rolleyes: No Bruce, they weren't born in "God's Country", they were resurrected by Normans. So don't blame we Saxons for stealing owt.:biggrin: 

They were claimed by Fortnum and Mason as it's creation, but the original concept seems to come from the middle east.

These days, if Rowena buys them from L:dl ,Ald~ or tisco , I peel the sh1te off and eat the egg.:wink:

The M&S ones are a bit better, poached egg inside, quite nice covering.

Sheila's on a diet at the moment, and the ones she made were a low fat option with turkey mince and seasonings instead of the usual sausage meat. I don't know if she read the recipe wrong, but they turned out like cannon balls...they tasted alright, but they were dry and rock hard...:laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Sheila's on a diet at the moment, and the ones she made were a low fat option with turkey mince and seasonings instead of the usual sausage meat. I don't know if she read the recipe wrong, but they turned out like cannon balls...they tasted alright, but they were dry and rock hard...:laughing2dw:

To be honest, I just like a boiled egg on toast.

Dress an egg all you like, I prefer  just an egg. Poached eggs are lovely too.

I hope eggs are carbon neutral?

If not, I may be eating grass like North Koreans.:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, JoT said:

This :naughty:

large.338333722_IMAG16252.jpg.e5056a92dda33c5e28e9fad4bfd31f39.jpg

Is that one of those rolls that dislocates your jaw trying to chew them. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

Salmon with lime and mango tonight 

2020-02-13_07-47-01

1 hour ago, BondandBigM said:

Is that one of those rolls that dislocates your jaw trying to chew them. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

:biggrin: fortunately its from the local bakery, crisp crust but soft bread!

• Haha 1

Made a large slow cooker full of mince, and lots of veg. Is it my imagination, or are chillis becoming weaker as time goes by? I put two Scotch bonnet chillis in the mix, and to be honest, there was no kick at all. Being on a keto diet, the capsaicin that's in peppers is supposed to increase metabolic rate and fat burning, but these were so mild as to not make a difference in my opinion. The keto diet is good though...lost 21 pounds since I came back from Portugal, a month ago.