• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
jasonm

Seiko Production Date Calculator... ( New Topic )

Right, I've deleted the old topic with the hundred broken links and hopefully were up and running with this one:

http://www.csce.uark.edu/~jgauch/photos/seiko/

Dunc, can you add your XL spreadsheet link too please? Ta...

Jase

• Like 1

Who's site is that Jase?

I was trying to find a decent Seiko production list for a mate of mine last week and just couldn't find an accurate one anywhere - they all gave different info. :D

Top job, whoevers it is.

• Confused 1

Thanks have now been able to date my Seiko 6105-8000. Any advice on removing scratches from the glass would be welcome (don't want to change the glass, want to keep everything original).

• Like 1

Not sure Kev, it's one that Dunc posted up in the old thread..... Follow the web address info?

After a recent search through various sites looking for information on my Seiko without results, i finally emailed Seiko with the details. Next day the answer was in my inbox.  Great service.

Theres one here,

http://www.watchsleuth.com/seikodatefinder/

Not tried it out though but its easy to work out without a web tool, the first year of the serial number is the year, the second is the month, that only works if you know the decade it was likely to have been made which is where the calibre number comes in, this only works if the movement was only used for less than 10 years which was generally true, however the 7s26 has been used for a while now so a certain amount of common sense needs to be added.

For example a 6309 diver with a serial number of 92523 was made in 1979 in February, this is because they were not made in 1969 and had stopped being made in 1989 ( I think ) 

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, jasonm said:

Theres one here,

http://www.watchsleuth.com/seikodatefinder/

Not tried it out though but its easy to work out without a web tool, the first year of the serial number is the year, the second is the month, that only works if you know the decade it was likely to have been made which is where the calibre number comes in, this only works if the movement was only used for less than 10 years which was generally true, however the 7s26 has been used for a while now so a certain amount of common sense needs to be added.

For example a 6309 diver with a serial number of 92523 was made in 1979 in February, this is because they were not made in 1969 and had stopped being made in 1989 ( I think ) 

Thanks Jason. Had come across that site and managed to get my simple head around the dating. I probably misunderstood what the original link had, I thought maybe it had a catalogue of 6139/6138 models with images. Watch Sleuth seems to have a lot of info and images but not about the 6139/6138.

On 21/07/2013 at 20:50, 41malc said:

Thanks have now been able to date my Seiko 6105-8000. Any advice on removing scratches from the glass would be welcome (don't want to change the glass, want to keep everything original).

See "another new Seiko" down below there is a description from al-kaholic

1 hour ago, fredwastell said:

See "another new Seiko" down below there is a description from al-kaholic

I think he may have done it now, Fred...that thread was from 5 years ago!...:thumbs_up:

9 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

I think he may have done it now, Fred...that thread was from 5 years ago!...:thumbs_up:

A senior moment. It's the thought that counts.

• Haha 1

hi i have a Seiko 200 meters scuba divers Watch it says 5h26 on the face(where it says made in japan)

on back it's a 5H26-7A10

there's dates around the back and it has a dimple at the end of 91.

any ideas would be appreciated.

10 hours ago, toyboy said:

hi i have a Seiko 200 meters scuba divers Watch it says 5h26 on the face(where it says made in japan)

on back it's a 5H26-7A10

there's dates around the back and it has a dimple at the end of 91.

any ideas would be appreciated.

You need the 6 digit serial no. from the caseback to date the watch...the first digit tells you the last number of the relevant decade...so a 1 would mean 1981,1991, 2001 and so on. The second digit or letter gives you the month, 1-9 = Jan-Sept, O= Oct, N=Nov and D=Dec. The last four digits are the watch's production run number for that month. See the pic of my Sawtooth with the serial no. showing a date of August, 2003. and no. 1158.

large.20180701_080807.jpg.c9d0673b6caa5a6a45a5aa947bace656.jpg

The dates with a dimple are usually a reminder of when to change the cell in a quartz watch...see this pic of my Sawtooth with the dot at the 4th quarter of 2017.

large.20180701_080722.jpg.1b526fe03b1d23e123ec18f15a687fca.jpg

• Like 1

I quite often have a look on ebay for a nice seiko made in February 1977, the month when I was born. No luck so far but I will keep trying. It's so nice with seikos you can track exact month they were made. 

My Seiko 5 was made in April 1986, just had it serviced and the glass replaced and started wearing it again, can't find anything on google about it it is a 4219-5320.