• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
tcj

It Definitely Is Friday.

I rarely swap during the day, but I've just received this new strap I thought I'd try on the DA46 ...and the sun's just come out. Just a cheapo polyurethane thing - Maratac something :wink: - but actually works well.

null_zps9229fce7.jpg

Maratac Composite. Nice but the first keeper is way too far away from the buckle. Take a look at the BOB Nytech (made by Rios...) :yes:

731_0.jpg

Maratac Composite. Nice but the first keeper is way too far away from the buckle. Take a look at the BOB Nytech (made by Rios...) :yes:

That's the one! Keeper/buckle distance doesn't bother me, tbh. Though I'd prefer it if it wasn't designed for people with wrists like tree trunks.

Thanks - I'll certainly check out the Nytech, it looks really nice, but - don't shoot me - I really prefer a parallel band and square tail-end. :rolleyes:

I know you have shares in RIOS, so I can only apologise for my tepid response :wink:

Thanks - I'll certainly check out the Nytech, it looks really nice, but - don't shoot me - I really prefer a parallel band and square tail-end. :rolleyes:

I know you have shares in RIOS, so I can only apologise for my tepid response :wink:

:lol: :lol: I should have by now... but the BOB is parallel (22/22) and has a square end... did meant you prefer a non-parallel and squared end strap? Because if it is that, then you have the Rios equivalent:

975_0.jpg

Orient Bambino?

Yeap! That particular one is an ER24005W, I think. There are black and white dials and 3 collours for the case/markers/hands: silver, gold and rose-gold.

Both right!

Hard to come by in the UK I think, I got mine from an online dealer in new york, unfortunately via fed ex who choose to send you the bill for taxes and their 'admin' fee some weeks after they've handed you your goods.

... but the BOB is parallel (22/22) and has a square end... did meant you prefer a non-parallel and squared ]

Nah. Just me being lazy... I just looked at the Rios. I'll check out the BOB. Cheers mate. :thumbsup:

I thought I had lost a few watches, after much rooting around Big M found them in a random shoe box at her place.

So just for a change this for Town tonight.

:)

IMAG1077_zpsca64e251.jpg

Hard to come by in the UK I think, I got mine from an online dealer in new york, unfortunately via fed ex who choose to send you the bill for taxes and their 'admin' fee some weeks after they've handed you your goods.

Don't know about the UK (Amazon used to sell them through some marketplace seller) but you should have looked into Germany and Austria. They have lots of Orients there, probably because of their connection with the Eastern/Russian market. Tons of models in Russian sellers and the last Orient I bough (from Austria, I think) was not in stock but the guy told me it would take a week to get it. When it arrived, the papers were stamped with the distributor's name which was... Poljot-something.

From earlier in the week and still on the wrist. I do love the green Alpinist.

2337037C-B269-4704-AD16-BC53B8F425B5-81032-00006137ADCC8C51.jpg

I can see why! The green dial and gilt hands/markers is stunning!

Been to the Underground Passages and the Cinema with my son today - Amphibia came too.

DSC03069.jpg

nx3m.jpg

This since I bought it a couple of weeks ago,will be with me on our trip to watch the mighty millers at crawley tomorrow.

Up the millers!!

Col.

I`ve just realised it`s been two years to the day (& the hour) since I arrived here with my four cats after an eight hour drive escaping from Leicester, boy was I knackered :sleepy:

Anyway, I thought it appropriate to put on this pair which I wore for the journey...

Eterna Airforce III, Valjoux 7750 25 Jewels.

EternaDSC_0013.jpg

Seiko/RLT SKZ211, cal.7S36, 23 Jewels (modified in April 2005)

SeikoRLTSKZ211cal7S3623Jewelsmadein.jpg

Oh & yes I did need & used both bezels on the Seiko plus the one on Eterna as reminders for various things on the journey as well as the chrono to time to it :D