• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
W44NNE

Legible Chronographs... Stealing This From Another Forum Sorry...

Possibly a bit too much going on for the flightmaster...

P4260194_zps8922252e.jpg

Try reading the postage stamp sized manual for the slide rule on that one. :wink:

Later,

William

I know what you mean William- it made my head spin after a couple of pages! :shocking:

Here`s a few of mine starting with the mighty `Eight` :rltb:

RLT-8, Valjoux cal.7750 25 Jewels

RLTDSC_0132.jpg

Eterna Airforce III, Valjoux 7750 25 Jewels.

EternaDSC_0145-1.jpg

Oris `Big Crown Telemeter Chronograph`cal.674 (modified Valjoux cal. 7750) 25 Jewels.

OrisDSC_0150.jpg

Ok, this is maybe not so legible but having a retrograde chrono hand moving back an forth between 3 & 9 o`clock is soo cool B)

Tissot T-Sport PRS-516, Retrograde T91.1.488.41, ETA cal.G51.261 6 Jewels.

TissotDSC_005.jpg

& last but by no means least for this group I give you... The classic...

Omega, Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00, cal.1861 18 Jewels.

OmegaIMG_7871.jpg

:astro:

& now for my Orientals...

Seiko 6138-3002, 21 Jewels, made in May 1977

SeikoDSC_0774_zps6472e850.gif

Pulsar PJN299-X1 cal.V675-X063.

PulsarIMG_1689.jpg

& now for something completely different & unless I`m very much mistaken apparently the only example of on the forum...

Bulova Adventurer 96B139, Miyota movement.

Bulova-DSC_0765.jpg

Seagull `1963 Chinese Airforce` cal.ST19 21 Jewels.

Seagull1963f.jpg

Seagull Model 0437, `19 Zuan` cal.ST19 21 jewels

SeagullIMG_2015-1.jpg

My Russian comrades...

Poljot Ocean `Komanderskie VMF` cal.3133 23 Jewels.

OceanChrono1.jpg

Poljot Aviator cal. 3133 23 Jewels.

PoljotDSC_0577_zps27c08a69.gif

Sekonda, Poljot cal. 3017 19 Jewels, circa mid 1960s

SekondaDSC_1021_zps4e5d5418.gif

SekondaDSC_1018_zps61ac634b.gif

SekondaDSC_1020_zps81396ad8.gif

Oh well, as I`ve posted all my other chronos I might as well show these as well...

Services, Venus cal.150 17 Jewels, circa 1955

ServicesIMG_7927.jpg

Roamer Stingray` JT` (Journey Timer?), Model No.734-9120.901, Valjoux 7734, 17 Jewels circa 1970.

RoamerDSC_0161.jpg

RetroChron Seaserpent 1. Model 61-40JQC, Miyota movement.

RetroChronDSC_0138-1.gif

:D

My Russian comrades...

OceanChrono1.jpg

You must have better eyesight than me, then. I don't find those easy to read at all! The Aviator 1 might be the exception, I had one for a very short time and I really can't remember how it was.

I think this question really has to be better defined. All these chronos are eventually easy to read if you are just timing yourself, doing something and when you finish you check how long it took. Legibility isn't really an issue there. It means a lot if you are in count-down mode, though. When you know you have X minutes to do something. In that case, I find most analogue chronos to be quite ill suited for the task.

...and the 4 is real beauty :yes:

Oh oh oh, are there any part numbers or such on that bracelet? I'd like to get one. :)

Later,

William

Look at Russtime.com over at Poland :wink:

All of my current chronographs are pretty easy to read. Starting with my latest from last week, the awesome Casio Edifice:

2013-08-15112546_zps7c85918b.jpg

Next, a couple of Armani's:

DSCF1306_zpse108e390.jpg

DSCF1285_zpsfdbb4111.jpg

G-Shock G-1000:

DSCF1275_zpsbce2df74.jpg

A nice bit of carbon fibre on this Stuhrling:

DSCF1274_zps21e571ce.jpg

And finally, the massive Fossil Nate:

DSCF1279_zps99fd8214.jpg

:thumbup:

My Russian comrades...

OceanChrono1.jpg

You must have better eyesight than me, then. I don't find those easy to read at all! The Aviator 1 might be the exception, I had one for a very short time and I really can't remember how it was.

I think this question really has to be better defined. All these chronos are eventually easy to read if you are just timing yourself, doing something and when you finish you check how long it took. Legibility isn't really an issue there. It means a lot if you are in count-down mode, though. When you know you have X minutes to do something. In that case, I find most analogue chronos to be quite ill suited for the task.

Admittedly the `Strelas` aren`t as easy to read as most of my chronographs but despite being short-sighted I don`t have major legibility problems with these as I just bring them closer to my face (which is why I never use them to time things when driving) :P

...and the 4 is real beauty :yes:

I presume you actually mean the 8 :wink2:

I have wanted one of those Okeah things for years. The Sea Sepent had also bludgeoned its way into my mind. All rather annoying.

Oh oh oh, are there any part numbers or such on that bracelet? I'd like to get one. :)

Later,

William

As well as Renato's suggestion, try poljot.at, too. I'm sure that was another of Renato's finds :D - but he has these, I think. Well, he did... I got mine from him :wink: )

EDIT: Not looking good - I just checked and after the home page it's a dead link... )

Edited by Draygo

I presume you actually mean the 8 :wink2:

You presume rightly :blush2:

As well as Renato's suggestion, try poljot.at, too. I'm sure that was another of Renato's finds :D - but he has these, I think. Well, he did... I got mine from him :wink: )

EDIT: Not looking good - I just checked and after the home page it's a dead link... )

I didn't mentioned that because the site went kaput for a couple of months now. There were a couple of attempts of bringing it up on a new platform, both up and shortly gone with no watches or whatever in there. The owner is an old guy and not at all proficient with new technologies and, by the looks of it, I'm afraid he just gave up. I know a member tried to contact him through email (which his daughter replies during the weekends as he doesn't speak English) and didn't get any answer.

Oh, and BTW... what kind of legibility are we talking about? I've assumed it was the chrono function itself but I'm seeing watches being posted that I find hard to believe are easily readable at all, regarding the said chrono functions. So are talking about that or just the main time thing?

Edited by Kutusov

I didn't mentioned that because the site went kaput for a couple of months now. There were a couple of attempts of bringing it up on a new platform, both up and shortly gone with no watches or whatever in there. The owner is an old guy and not at all proficient with new technologies and, by the looks of it, I'm afraid he just gave up. I know a member tried to contact him through email (which his daughter replies during the weekends as he doesn't speak English) and didn't get any answer.

It's a shame. I know I'm in danger of sounding patronising, which I don't want to be, but I always enjoy dealing with the 'old timers'...

Oh, and BTW... what kind of legibility are we talking about? I've assumed it was the chrono function itself but I'm seeing watches being posted that I find hard to believe are easily readable at all, regarding the said chrono functions. So are talking about that or just the main time thing?

Ah, I hadn't even considered that - If we are talking about the chrono function being easily readable rather than just the time, the mods might as well delete all of my previous post.... :lol:

I'd have to agree with Kutusov - I assumed the OP was talking about the legibility of the chrono function. As it happens I was using the stopwatch on Omega pictured below yesterday (to time the roast chicken :lol: ) and it was pretty hard read depending where the hour and minute hands were.

However, some real beauties on this thread, here's my only one:

DSC03866_zps32de37a4.jpg

Later,

William

Look at Russtime.com over at Poland :wink:

I guess I'll wait on a bracelet, I could buy a КомандирÑкие or two for what they cost. :rolleyes: :lol:

Later,

William

Edited by William_Wilson

I guess I'll wait on a bracelet, I could buy a КомандирÑкие or two for what they cost. :rolleyes: :lol:

Later,

William

And that's a fair price, that's why I've recommended that one! The German distributor used to have (or still does) similar bracelets but with the new Aviator logo - so, Volmax era - and they went for about €100 :eek:

Edited by Kutusov