• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Thomasr

Ladies Omega Resto

Had this for a while but finally finished off with new glass today:

Bought it on the bay about 2 months ago, was listed as:

'ladies omega...found in mums drawer clearing house out front cover wasn't attached and there seems to be the wording Omega missing but still has logo. buyer can restore or make use of parts....not working'

Looked solid gold on the pic, seemed to have the right level of shine to be solid so took the punt, and it paid off!

Here's a pic of the state i bought it in

P1030473_zpse7af7078.jpg

Quick overview of tasks, nothing to major thankfully as the rust hadn't got any further than the stem

• Dial dead
  • glass Crazed beyond repair
  • strap useless ( and expandable )
  • Not running

So quick service, new dial from the bay and a new glass and strap from cousins later, looks a new watch, wish i knew what to do with it now though

Does anyone think this glass looks daft? seems to make the dial like the funky mirrors at play grounds

P1030915_zpse7f0baed.jpg

P1030915_zpse7f0baed.jpg

Edited by Thomasr

So quick service, new dial from the bay and a new glass and strap from cousins later, looks a new watch, wish i knew what to do with it now though

Do you know what year it is Thomas???

Looking good!. I Just purchased a gents omega from the bay today, not gold but in a similar condition to yours, I'm hoping that mine will clean up as well as yours did, my problem is I really don't want to change the dial so I'm hoping it will clean up without damaging it, will try and post some pics when it arrives.

Do you know what year it is Thomas???

Its 1956/7 :thumbup:

Looking good!. I Just purchased a gents omega from the bay today, not gold but in a similar condition to yours, I'm hoping that mine will clean up as well as yours did, my problem is I really don't want to change the dial so I'm hoping it will clean up without damaging it, will try and post some pics when it arrives.

Pics are always good, im always reluctant to change dials but this one is the identical to my other one and has never been repainted, when they're all original it doesn't bother me. Not sure about the indian repaints i think i would just spend more time and source an original dial

Nice job - one thing that caught my eye is the hour hand, is it the picture angle or is it bent upwards slightly? On the original picture they look a lot flatter to the watch face.

Edited by wrenny1969