• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Lionel Richtea

Hi Y'all

Pleased to be part - it seems - of a happy watch watching family.

I like pocket watches myself. The moment I hear the train whistle I reach for my watch. Just can't help it.

I particularly like old Hamilton's and Ball's. Indeed, my wife often says that I speak nothing but Balls.

But then again, she speaks nothing but Smuckers ('With a name like that, you know it tastes good').

Looking forward to chewing the cud with you fellas.

Welcome to the forum Lionel.

Great to see another pocket watch collector joining the forum. Unfortunately my finances don't stretch to Hamilton and Ball's, but I do own a working Waltham 6s (circa 1902) - my most expensive watch to buy - a complete working Elgin and a couple of others that need some work. I also have an Ingraham dollar watch that works. In addition to those I have Russian PW's and also a range of Ingersolls from the USA to France. Which reminds me, I've got a thread going somewhere that I need to update. Must get the camera out when the light is better.

Great to see you here and again welcome to the forum.

Regards

David

Thanks for the welcome David and DeeDubya.

Well, much as I like Ball and Hamilton watches, I still appreciate them from a distance and for the same reason as you.

I have discovered in life, the key is to appreciate what you have. Your collection of Walthams, Elgins, Ingersolls etc is certainly worth savouring. Let's see some pictures!

Thanks to you both for welcoming me to the forum.

Hi Yunsung and Steve Plywood.

Thanks for your kind welcome;

Yunsung. Thanks for your comment. Sings: "Hello....is it tea you're looking for?"

Steve Plywood (great name!): Damn! At least you didn't lose the watch. Another good reason for having a Nato strap. The trouble is, I don't suppose that you can fit one to a Casio. A shame, because they are great little watches and certainly one you wouldn't want to lose.

Welcome to :rltb:, it's a great place to be :yes:

:weed:

(must get me a TIMEX PW someday, I don't have one and they must be getting thin on the ground now! )

hello! again, got a new strap for the old diver today in Manchester,as for my name I'm sick of people taking the mick,so i think i'll change it by deed poll to Fred plywood. :D :lol: