• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Silver Hawk

The Omega F300 Cone Topic

He may be thinking of the megasonic. They have 720Hz on the dial and indeed run faster than the Mosaba based hummers. Good luck finding one of those still working.

11 minutes ago, Padders said:

He may be thinking of the megasonic. They have 720Hz on the dial and indeed run faster than the Mosaba based hummers. Good luck finding one of those still working.

I've a few...:whistle:

Omega 720Hz Megasonic Pocket Watch

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Padders said:

Here is a megasonic i'm sure is still working, A NOS 18kt megasonic !

Kello-1487_zpspaqo8qiy.jpg 

• Like 2

Hi,

joined a few years ago but haven't posted since then. Thought I'd share my first Omega f300 with you. It's a 198:012 I recently purchased to have restored. It shows lots of evidence it was well loved. The band is a JB Champion and the crystal certainly needs replaced. Hands and dial are in great condition but for the missing frame around the date window. The watch was sold as a non-runner and it is but while the hands don't move at least it hums and there is no evidence of battery leakage. Date wheel moves properly by hand set and quickest. Neither the inside nor outside of the case back are marked. As mentioned here, sometimes seen on these. Proper service, crystal and case polish should result in a fine example. May go,with a leather band for now, especially as this model came equipped both ways. Please let me know what you think and offer any advice. Thanks!

0ef69e83ece3e8f163767947dd908f91.jpg

e9c3cc9eec65b726b1bbd517114a5c4b.jpg

Edited by Oliverb
  • Like 1

Dear All:

i have a problem which i can't resolve. i thought maybe the experienced gentlemen here might be able to come up with a solution.

i have an Omega f300 Cone (day/date model, 3 o'clock crown, pics below) and the bracelet has been refinished. as it is not the most attractive, i thought that i'd have a custom leather strap made, maybe with rally styled holes. sounded easy enough.

well, the width of the spring bar is merely roughly 9mm as it is an unorthodox connector between the bracelet and the lugs. i sent the ring and bracelet to the custom strapmaker. to his surprise, there isn't enough clearance between the spring bar and the case! there is enough clearance for the metal bracelet to attach to the spring bar, as the metal is very thin and is strong, but for leather, there needs to be more clearance!

there exists rings that have a more standard spring bar width, but they are hard to find - plus, i need it for the 3 o'clock crown position.   i also don't have the Omega part number. what is one to do? 

any ideas please? thank you so much in advance.

PS:  i was trying to use the "insert image from URL" but was unsuccessful in my effort.  i'll try tomorrow again and see if i can figure out how to do this.  i even uploaded my pictures onto flickr and posted the url of my picture's page, to no avail.

when i had mine i filed a miltat engineer down to fit.

28164128753_4c3bf2f7c9_k.jpg

Edited by Nigelp

On 17/06/2019 at 14:05, Nigelp said:

when i had mine i filed a miltat engineer down to fit.

28164128753_4c3bf2f7c9_k.jpg

Hello @Nigelp:

your bracelet attachment ring is the 17mm spring bar variety.  that's great!

kindly note that mine is the 9mm spring bar variety, which is obviously far less versatile.  furthermore, the only way to attach anything to my 9mm spring bars is to use the omega bracelet, as there is incredibly little clearance between the spring bar and the edges of the space where the cut out is where the spring bar goes into.

as a result, leather cannot be made so very thinly and still be practically effective and not just break or fall apart, as it would have to be near paper thin.

i wonder why i am unable to figure out how to attach pictures here.  i have learned how to attach pictures on other fora, but can't figure it out on this particular forum.

any advice would be most appreciated, so i may post some pictures to illustrate.  thank you all!