• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
jbw

Casio Solar Mil Style

This just in today , Casio MRW-S300H-1B. At £32.00 inc delivery it seems a bit of a bargain. Large military style case with the advantage of being solar powered. It's a large watch measuring 52.5 x 47.9 x 13.2mm and comes in 3 designs , White / Red / green. Will take more pictures later. Cheap and cheerful beater!

CasioMRW-S300H01_zps635d1b6a.jpg

MRWS300H05_zpse1cab2de.jpg

MRWS300H02_zps057fd3b3.jpg

MRWS300H01_zps56808fc1.jpg

actually I meant the green one in post #1 but the other is ok too. as an aside anyone know why the casio stock shots all have the date at 5th ???

as an aside anyone know why the casio stock shots all have the date at 5th ???

Because there are 5 letters in Casio...

...or some other eason that has nothing to do with it :lol:

as an aside anyone know why the casio stock shots all have the date at 5th ???

Because there are 5 letters in Casio...

...or some other eason that has nothing to do with it :lol:

The five stars they hope to get in ebay feedback ratings. :partytime:

Hey jbw,

A great buy.

I think Casio's are fantastic watches and much underrated (simply because of their price I suspect).

They have excellent build quality in my opinion and are very innovative in design.

CasioMRW-S300H-BVDF_zps0ad32a3a.jpg

I bought 1, needed something cheap that wouldn't need too much attention, or worry if damaged, seems ok for the money though I am used to a heavier watch on my wrist and this is VERY light indeed which will take a little getting used to. Never had a solar watch before and this along with the price made me curious.

Edited by Timez Own

I quite like this & have considered buying one as a beater/knock about watch - I have a couple of Casio digitals that I've used in the past as beaters but I've really gone off digitals & would prefer an analogue instead.

Can you tell what the lug width on this one is & does it have a decent lug width (from the pics it looks 18mm(ish) - 20/22mm would be better I think for a big watch), I presume the bezel ratchets?

Many thanks :thumbup: