• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Liamborghini

Advice On A New Watch?

Just a suggestion, but there's a Speedbird III GMT on the sales section right now that's bang on budget, and an absolute cracker. Not mine but being sold by a respected member of the forum.

Iconic piece, Swiss movement, made by Timefactors, a British bespoke maker run by Eddie who also runs another popular UK watch forum. They are pretty rare beasts!

You will need to get to 50 posts to get on to the sales section, but don't speedpost though, dim view taken on here!

Oh bugger- didn't notice that my previous post included a link! Mach, please remove!!

Another thought- you could get one of our hosts's fine pieces. I would look squarely at the RLT 75, a very high spec dive watch (AR sapphire, ceramic bezel, sliding clasp adjustment), and can be had with a Swiss automatic movement for your budget. You can also speak to Roy and have it altered to your own requirements- I know of members who have added a cyclops or had a date of manufacture inscribed onto the caseback.

rlt75-2-500x500.jpg

Oh bugger- didn't notice that my previous post included a link! Mach, please remove!!

Another thought- you could get one of our hosts's fine pieces. I would look squarely at the RLT 75, a very high spec dive watch (AR sapphire, ceramic bezel, sliding clasp adjustment), and can be had with a Swiss automatic movement for your budget. You can also speak to Roy and have it altered to your own requirements- I know of members who have added a cyclops or had a date of manufacture inscribed onto the caseback.

rlt75-2-500x500.jpg

Very intresting indeed, that looks like a fine piece! On the website it says it's out of stock however. How would i go about enquiring about one?

rlt75-2-500x500.jpg

Very intresting indeed, that looks like a fine piece! On the website it says it's out of stock however. How would i go about enquiring about one?

Send an email to Roy via his website and ask about the lead time. These are generally out of stock as they tend to be made to order. You can also ask about any changes you might like!

rlt75-2-500x500.jpg

Send an email to Roy via his website and ask about the lead time. These are generally out of stock as they tend to be made to order. You can also ask about any changes you might like!

ahh thanks alot.

I'm also asking why particularly Swiss? As suggested, our host, Uncle Roy at RLT, makes exceedingly good watches, and is always willing to discuss bespoke watchering to order, he sometimes has pieces which are just not suitable as even a small production run, but three cases and four movements a production run does not make :yes:

(or - - wait for it guys - - buy a TIMEX and spend the rest on sensible stuff like drink and loose women :rofl2: )

http://www.timexwatchforum.com

I know they're not Swiss and they're from the "other" main UK watch forum, but have a look for "Timefactors" watches. It's another small British company a bit like RLT and they do some cracking watches in your price range.

A 400 quid budget will get you one of these:

DSCF2134_zpsb90461b6.jpg

Easily the best watch in my collection, and looks absolutely stunning in the flesh :thumbup:

There are also smaller models in the Precisionist range if that one is a bit too massive for you (it's a heavy old lump of metal, that's for sure!)

A 400 quid budget will get you one of these:

DSCF2134_zpsb90461b6.jpg

Easily the best watch in my collection, and looks absolutely stunning in the flesh :thumbup:

There are also smaller models in the Precisionist range if that one is a bit too massive for you (it's a heavy old lump of metal, that's for sure!)

Wow that is nice watch! I'll go and have a look at Bulovas now

S/H will mean second hand, and if you answer this post you will be a tad closer to 50 posts :yes:

Edited by Faze