• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
ollyhock

Citizen Autozilla Vs Rolex Deep Sea

The Rolex is rated to 3,900 meters whereas the Citizen is only OK to 1,000 so perhaps you can not compare the two! Bit academic as most people will never go deeper than the bottom of the pool anyway.

I can accept the fact that most professional divers might choose the Citizen as the replacement cost is so much lower should you damage or lose the watch. Sure, the Rolex may still be around in 50 years but if you have a service every 5 years then you could probably buy a new Citizen for the cost of the service so life-time ownership could work out the same if you sold the Rolex for cost/small profit.

As I would never test either water resistance level to more than just swimming then I would not NEED either watch but can appreciate the quality/kudos of the Rolex and would go for that if funds allowed.

I think we are very lucky to have such a wide range of good quality watches available to suit all tastes and wallets.

Somehow the beginning of Goldfinger would not have been quite as glamorous if 007 had, in his immaculate white dinner jacket, had glanced at his Citizen.

Absolutely.....and the 15mm strap was so sophisticated :D :wink: ...

JamesBondGoldfinger033.jpg

Edited by dapper

is a bit thin that strap, what should it be? 22mm?

It is an 16mm RAF strap on a 20mm lugged 6538. :)

bond.gif

Later,

William

Edited by William_Wilson