UK Watch Forum banner

Seiko Spork Owners' Club

43K views 252 replies 37 participants last post by  Roger the Dodger 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just recently, there have been a lot of threads about the coveted Seiko SRP043K1, or 'Spork' as it is known to the forum community.The "Spork" names comes from two things:

1) The watch is technically a diver, but with a pilot watch dial. So kind of a mix of two different things, just like a spork - a cross between a spoon and a fork (campers will have heard of this)

2) The model number is SRP043K1, and from what I've read, someone came up with the nickname by rearranging the model number (SP0RK)

I realise that all the pics of this watch are going to be the same, but please post, with your reasons for liking this watch. I'll start....What's not to like.....

44mm - 49 inc crown

13.5mm high

210g

20mm lug width, bracelet flairs from 25mm across the lugs and tapers to 22mm at clasp.

Recessed case back, which contributes to the comfort on the wrist.

Hardlex crystal. (Hesalite)

Movement 4R15-00D0, 50 hours power reserve according to spec.

Date window between 4 and 5. Date is quick set.

Screw down crown at 4.

Divers extension at clasp.

They had a limited run and were discontinued in 2011.

...and a few pics...

[IMG alt="Seiko Spork." data-ratio="75.00"]https://forumgallery.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/monthly_2018_06/large.047_zps6fc23140.JPG.58b1c8824fd9257c9658b3cdb52dcf06.JPG[/IMG]

Quite an exclusive club....how many are there on RLT....?

See less See more
Reactions: Faze
#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
I don`t own one but I will admit they are growing on me :yes:

I don`t suppose someone could post a photo of one on their right wrist, IMO most watches look better that way :wink2:

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, I do have a fondness for 12-3-6-9s :D

#11 ·
Ah, the beloved SPORK :)

Owned mine for a few years now and wear it every day for work. I also tend to wear it in the evenings a lot as well. Comfortable to wear for a relatively large heavy watch. I have modified mine with a stainless steel chapter ring which although not completely successful, (it makes the watch look a little strange with the clean dial as well), makes it different from the crowd. I have also tried a few strap options, (20 mm btw roger, tut tut :lol: ) to change the look from time to time. I have further plans to modify the watch to quite a large extent. Although I don't want to change the appearance too much. As some of you might know, I have picked up some more along the way so have a little brace of SPORKS, my daily wearer, a 'spare' one and a couple of brand new ones unused.

Just to add the the facts Roger posted at the top, it came in three versions, the K1 which has the excellent stainless steel bracelet, the K2 which was the Z22 rubber strap, also great, and the much rarer K3. This was a stainless bracelet but with a PVD treatment to make it black. Never seen one of these anywhere, partly because it looks horrid :lol:

Anyway, some pictures

My favourite SPORK picture

watchpictures047-1.jpg

With the stainless steel chapter ring

6bf38d69-f7ae-4479-b2b6-db61dbaeadff_zpsf7261b9e.jpg

On rubber

watchesforsale2013079_zps2c720427.jpg

On an Isofrane

09E4B911-8666-4344-9132-85499DFD8D6E-21595-00000AA933DD4E99_zpse12bb991.jpg

Lumetastic

d6215f26.jpg

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
btw roger (20 mm, tut tut :lol: )
Just measured it again, Dave, and you're right.....it is 20mm at the lug.....however, this bracelet is specific to the watch...and while the end links are 20mm, the first bracelet link is 25mm, and spans across the lugs...the bracelet then tapers to 22mm at the clasp.....another unique design feature.

#21 ·
[Nice one, Faze...see if you can source the proper bracelet for it....they never look good on straps....(IMHO you understand)
The bracelets can be had off that well known auction site for £40. I purchased one from an American seller, though it was shipped from Singapore.

I always thought they looked good on the di modell chronissimo or pilot, but each to their own.

#25 ·
Since I'm back on this thread, this is the first photo I ever took of my SPORK back in 2010. Nice and clean and shiny :)

404fb0c1.jpg

This is a recent photo showing what three years in a garage will do

Still holding up pretty well :)

As an aside, Mr. faze, the bracelet your looking for is also supplied on the BFK. Part no is 35J5-G.C.

#26 ·
This is a recent photo showing what three years in a garage will do

Still holding up pretty well :)
Seems like the chapter ring disappeared too...? Doesn't look the same without it......(JMHO, you understand)

#29 ·

I prefer it to the original one but I think it can be improved further. In the short term, I might get it anodised to add a little colour. Long term, I've got a plan to change it into a GMT. It means finding a suitable GMT movement but I'm on the hunt as we speak :)

#31 ·
All this has to be taken into consideration.[ service / clean / sapphire / bezel.] Don`t come cheap.
You're telling me, but even with all the costs taken into account my mate will still have a serviced & sapphired Spork at £100 less than the one just sold on fleabay.

I guess the point of my first post was to say that they can still be found at 'reasonable' prices... just got keep an eye out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.