• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Roger the Dodger

Seiko Spork Owners' Club

This is a recent photo showing what three years in a garage will do

watchesforsale2013079_zps2c720427.jpg

Still holding up pretty well :)

Seems like the chapter ring disappeared too...? Doesn't look the same without it......(JMHO, you understand)

This is a recent photo showing what three years in a garage will do

watchesforsale2013079_zps2c720427.jpg

Still holding up pretty well :)

Seems like the chapter ring disappeared too...? Doesn't look the same without it......(JMHO, you understand)

Not the most successful mod I'll admit. The chapter ring is one of the few things that bothered me about the SPORK. I'll change it for something else soon when I have the time to come up with a new plan.

I Have said this before , i think the plain chapter ring looks better than the original and would keep it as it is.

I Have said this before , i think the plain chapter ring looks better than the original and would keep it as it is.

I prefer it to the original one but I think it can be improved further. In the short term, I might get it anodised to add a little colour. Long term, I've got a plan to change it into a GMT. It means finding a suitable GMT movement but I'm on the hunt as we speak :)

All this has to be taken into consideration.[ service / clean / sapphire / bezel.] Don`t come cheap.

You're telling me, but even with all the costs taken into account my mate will still have a serviced & sapphired Spork at £100 less than the one just sold on fleabay.

I guess the point of my first post was to say that they can still be found at 'reasonable' prices... just got keep an eye out.

I offered the seller £200 for it. :D I thought I might get it as well. I wish I had said £250. Ended up watching this all the way to the end and it went up about £150 on the last day.

I offered the seller £200 for it. :D I thought I might get it as well. I wish I had said £250. Ended up watching this all the way to the end and it went up about £150 on the last day.

Have another go, by the looks of things the same watch is back up for sale.

Ssshhhhh ! Want a clear run at that one !

Unless I have trouble with an outgoing piece, you'll be having to stump up to get it. Sorry. I'm having it to add to my Japanese 'land of the giants'. Tuna & Ecozilla already in place.

Ha ! Wanted it to go with my Caesar, monster and BFK :)

:D The forum must decide if it belongs beside my Tuna and Ecozilla, or your Caesar, Monster & BFK.

The 'loser' must stand aside (may not be adhered to by both parties).

Evening chaps - excuse the ignorance - what's the cost a sapphire crystal fitted please ?

It's £30 for the crystal, not sure the cost of fitting on it's own... £10-£20 at a guess

I like those! Did Steve change the seconds hands for you? I wonder if he does a yellow one?

Steve changed the hands and the crystals but I purchased them from Monster Watches and Yobokies. Monster watches had 6 or 7 colours from memory... pretty sure they had yellow. The red was for a mate but looks like it might be appearing on the sales forum soon, a combination of Christmas & a new family means he's passed on it... or i might keep it... one on bracelet, the other on leather.

Edited by cookdamo

Touch wood I've sourced one ! I'm waiting until it's here to decide but I think the crystal may well need changing so who's the best bet for the work ?

I'm sure Roy could sort you out or Steve at Rytetime, he did mine.

I had one done by a watch repairer, he was attached to a local independent jeweler. It cost £7 but came back with dust in the dial & a crooked crystal. If you know someone local that you trust you'll save on postage... which will probably cost more than the price of swapping the crystal.

Thanks - I have no experience with my local watch maker - robin martin . His website advertises Rolex repairs so hoping he is a good guy - I'm guessing change from £50 including parts is doable ?

Anyone have any experience of him ?