• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Roger the Dodger

Seiko Spork Owners' Club

Opinions please my SPORKY brethren

(Ignore the ridiculous placing of the bezel pip. OEM quality my botty).

3720DB9C-D756-4C80-B867-E703904A7F59-535-00000026015271D8_zpsb56a6f31.jpg

DF5AD566-4D77-4709-BB95-31F12A4DB753-535-00000026858AC376_zps5506780e.jpg

Edited by Dave O'Sullivan

Not bad Dave. A P.O. modded SPORK? Hence forth known as a SPORKPO? POSPORK?

I think the orange PO insert would look better though.

Sorry, Dave....but in the words of Harry Enfield's 'The Self Righteous Brothers'.....I've seen your attempt at the modification of the one and only 'Spork'. It's a beautiful watch, ol' pal, dahn't get me wrong..., au'omatic, not quartz....and wiv a fabulous black dial with Arabic numbers at twelve, free, six ah'nd nine....ah'nd great lume....the smoovest click of all bezels....but if you came rhand to my pub, proclaiming that your version is better than the original, saying that a blue bezel is finer than the black....I'd be saying 'OY!...SAHLLIVAN!!....NAH!!!......I admire your love of the Spork and all it's attributes....an' I realize that you're a long standin' member of the forum....but if you come r'ahnd 'ere,....professin' that a blue bezel is better than the original....the members of the Spork oficianados club are goin' to take a very dim view.....Hmmmph....Hmmmmph..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Roger the Dodger

Sorry, Dave....but in the words of Harry Enfield's 'The Self Righteous Brothers'.....I've seen your attempt at the modification of the one and only 'Spork'. It's a beautiful watch, ol' pal, dahn't get me wrong..., au'omatic, not quartz....and wiv a fabulous black dial with Arabic numbers at twelve, free, six ah'nd nine....ah'nd great lume....the smoovest click of all bezels....but if you came rhand to my pub, proclaiming that your version is better than the original, saying that a blue bezel is finer than the black....I'd be saying 'OY!...SAHLLIVAN!!....NAH!!!......I admire your love of the Spork and all it's attributes....an' I realize that you're a long standin' member of the forum....but if you come r'ahnd 'ere,....professin' that a blue bezel is better than the original....the members of the Spork oficianados club are goin' to take a very dim view.....Hmmmph....Hmmmmph..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Calm down my 'cockernee' friend. I was just seeing if it fit. It would with a little persuasion. I'm not sold on it either but it's a little different. It's like eating Quorn, you've got to try it once :)

Calm down my 'cockernee' friend. I was just seeing if it fit. It would with a little persuasion. I'm not sold on it either but it's a little different. It's like eating Quorn, you've got to try it once :)

Jes jokin' Dave.....I'm not a real 'Cockinee' at all...born just down the road in Berkshire where the dialect is more 'OOOH AARRRH!' Put simply...I like your mod :notworthy: , but I won't be doing it to mine.............

Opinions please my SPORKY brethren

Like it Dave, i don't suppose we could see it with the original chapter ring?

I was thinking that myself. I'll rustle up a photo later. I didn't fit the insert, just popped it on top of the watch. I reckon it would go on wit a little fettling. I noticed the dimensions were similar so it was more just curiosity to see if it would go on.

Heads up. There's another one loose and on the bay. It seems to have a damaged bezel though and could be a bargain.

Get ready to induct another member into the club. Best wake up the Gimp.

Heads up. There's another one loose and on the bay. It seems to have a damaged bezel though and could be a bargain.

You got an item number? I can't find it. Cheers

You got an item number? I can't find it. Cheers

Don't say I'm not good to you lot. I should have kept this to myself but I've just done in my funds on a fantastic purchase.

I have already messaged this seller and he says he can offer a buy-it-now but says he has no idea of value. First in could get a real bargain here.

It's a free for all. :D

Poor chap.. :D

I've mailed him an non serious low offer.

Well nabbed sir. Not too much of a liberty taken as well.

Nope, wasn't me.

He's not responded to my offer, but it looks like it's gone for £150 which IMHO is a good price for the buyer.

Poor chap.. :D

I've mailed him an non serious low offer.

Well nabbed sir. Not too much of a liberty taken as well.

Nope, wasn't me.

He's not responded to my offer, but it looks like it's gone for £150 which IMHO is a good price for the buyer.

Yeah I saw the price. Not you then? Dave's gone a bit quiet though. :ph34r:

Guilty I'm afraid :lol:

To be honest, I didn't really want it but a £150 buy it now, I nabbed it before it went 'off forum'. I imagine that all it needs is a new click spring which are cheap enough so once I get my grubby mitts on it, I'll get it fixed and lob it on SC. Should work out a pretty low cost entry in SPORK ownership for somebody :)

Edited by Dave O'Sullivan

Guilty I'm afraid :lol:

To be honest, I didn't really want it but a £150 buy it now, I nabbed it before it went 'off forum'. I imagine that all it needs is a new click spring which are cheap enough so once I get my grubby mitts on it, I'll get it fixed and lob it on SC. Should work out a pretty low cost entry in SPORK ownership for somebody :)

Nice one, well done.

For the record, he still hasn't responded to my offer of £60 :D