• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Rolandski

If You Could Choose Only One!

From my current collection, probably my Oris TT1 Diver, although it is a bit toolish but I do wear it for work.

If I could raise the cash, Rolex Sub.

Of my current collection, assuming I'm allowed strap changes too, probably my kemmner seahorse.

If I were to buy another for this purpose, maybe a sinn 556 which I've had my eye on for a while.

We cant choose only one, that's why we are here. :)

Correct answer! :lol:

However, if for some reason I had to sell my whole collection except one, (nightmare scenario!) the keeper would have to be this stunning Bulova Precisionist:

DSCF2136_zps8ab2b742.jpg

It's just about as close to the perfect watch as I'm ever likely to own, I reckon :thumbup:

I'm obsessed with back faced watches :yes: this particular one I bought off another forum I frequent and is probably the best thing I've ever bought online. I've got a few quality watches and have a itch to buy an Explorer but not the newer blingy ones they are doing now it would need to be 36mm and of course have black face.

That all said I could happily spend the rest of my limited days wearing this, and I do most days , What do you think ???

Img1755.jpg

This...

Glycine Incursore Unitas 6497 17 Jewels

GlycineDSC_0139m.jpg

Glycine150_5075.jpg

As some will know I do actually wear it every night & have done for years as despite having no lume whatsoever I`ve found it to be the best watch for use in low light. Also, if my eyesight gets worse as I get older I`m sure I`ll still be able to see the time with it. Oh & the build quality is rather good as well so it should keep going for as long as I`m likely to need it :D

I get asked the same question a lot from various people i know , first of all they don't understand why anyone would want so many watches! Then when they find out how much some of them cost they think i am mad. Then comes the same question , If i got rid of them all which one would i keep , and the answer is

Jsar

015-1.jpg

Possibly the one movement that ticks all the boxes has to be the Valjoux 7750 with it's chronograph and full Day/Date functions and therefore the one I'd probably keep, purely on a practical level, would be this one below.... I'd cry a lot though to lose all the others...... :D

10854805773_cd267cf1c5_o.jpg

Possibly the one movement that ticks all the boxes has to be the Valjoux 7750 with it's chronograph and full Day/Date functions and therefore the one I'd probably keep, purely on a practical level, would be this one below.... I'd cry a lot though to lose all the others...... :D

Not a Speedy, Mike? I guess it's the dubious water resistance that is an issue... that was why I didn't go with my Speedsonic anyway.

That is a cracker, mind. Is that the one that Roy made for you?

Not a Speedy, Mike? I guess it's the dubious water resistance that is an issue... that was why I didn't go with my Speedsonic anyway.

That is a cracker, mind. Is that the one that Roy made for you?

I think that's why I say on a practical level, I'm useless at remembering the date :D so I do like a watch with at least the date on it and enjoying quite a bit of fishing, I also need some water resistance. If I only was allowed one I think it would have to be this, which is why I thank the stars that it's only a hypothetical question, I'd miss my Speedies :sweatdrop:

Oh and yes, it's the Ollech and Wajs that Roy re-cased for me in his latest water-resistant chronograph case and a very nice watch it's ended up as too !

I'm obsessed with back faced watches :yes: this particular one I bought off another forum I frequent and is probably the best thing I've ever bought online. I've got a few quality watches and have a itch to buy an Explorer but not the newer blingy ones they are doing now it would need to be 36mm and of course have black face.

That all said I could happily spend the rest of my limited days wearing this, and I do most days , What do you think ???

Img1755.jpg

Of my current watches I would require 4 seconds to think about it before opting for the Superocean.

Of all the watches out there I would probably gravitate to a Rolex Sub of some description. It basically ticks all the boxes and is the right watch for all the right reasons.

If its an end of the world scenario, as it obviously would be to be making such scary decisions, I'm assuming society has broken down, therefore services like lighting at night will be no more, so tritium tubes are a must. Only allowed 1suggests having to travel light so it must be tough, sapphire glass it is too. I dont want to have to eat my watch in an emergency no matter what, so leather straps are out. Oh and before all you folk start on about no need for the tubes, i think the sun has probably been blocked out by some catastrophic event also so you cant charge the lume on instruments without them. 20 years of lume should see me through to the next dawn.

Never mind the knock on effects of any event above, I'll be ok because I'll be able to tell the time and keep warm by the comforting glow from a traser or GWS...............and a pocket full of batteries of course :-)

If its an end of the world scenario, as it obviously would be to be making such scary decisions, I'm assuming society has broken down, therefore services like lighting at night will be no more, so tritium tubes are a must. Only allowed 1suggests having to travel light so it must be tough, sapphire glass it is too. I dont want to have to eat my watch in an emergency no matter what, so leather straps are out. Oh and before all you folk start on about no need for the tubes, i think the sun has probably been blocked out by some catastrophic event also so you cant charge the lume on instruments without them. 20 years of lume should see me through to the next dawn.

Never mind the knock on effects of any event above, I'll be ok because I'll be able to tell the time and keep warm by the comforting glow from a traser or GWS...............and a pocket full of batteries of course :-)

In that sort of scenario what would be the point of a watch at all? It's not like you could be late for anything, or need to get up and go to work at any set time. Chill, relax, bask in the warm irradiated glow of the globe breaking apart until either your skin melts off, or the dust cloud creates the conditions of a nuclear winter. At a projected -200c with no sunlight for a few hundred years, you'd be long gone before worrying about changing batteries :)

In that sort of scenario what would be the point of a watch at all? It's not like you could be late for anything, or need to get up and go to work at any set time. Chill, relax, bask in the warm irradiated glow of the globe breaking apart until either your skin melts off, or the dust cloud creates the conditions of a nuclear winter. At a projected -200c with no sunlight for a few hundred years, you'd be long gone before worrying about changing batteries :)

I'll thank you to remember I am British sir, and therefore have no intention of meeting the end un-clothed!

;)