• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Always"watching"

Analogue Chronographs - Why?

I never expected this much response to my question about chronographs - nor so many really nice pics to look at. I absolutely love lewjamben's Poljot Strela and the white-faced Christopher Ward models shown by lewjamben and AVO are also very nice. William, what were you thinking of when you decided to be brave enough to display that horrible Invicta chronograph? Luckily for you, there are a few other horrors illustrated by other members (in my modest opinion, of course) including that over-numbered gold and black Breitling posted by Simons194. As a final note to AVO, I would like to know the maker of the lovely two-subdial chrono you illustrate in your post

of 6 January. I also see (from ed335) that one of my favourite makes, Omega, clearly managed to cope with the seventies style of watch without going over the top in terms of colour combination and complexity. Thanks to everyone.

Luckily the beauty of free choice is the ability to post pics of over numbered horrors that others have a modest opinion on ... Makes the world go round doesn't it.

As a final note to AVO, I would like to know the maker of the lovely two-subdial chrono you illustrate in your post of 6 January.

With pleasure...this one is a Cauny Prima

200620132016_zps878f4be7.jpg

And this one is a Leonidas

leonidas3_zps2693dcac.jpg

I want to especially thank MuddyD here for his kind and generous words about my contributions to the Forum in his post of 9 January - somehow, I missed his post first time round. I must say that the Watch Forum has repaid me handsomely, in the wonderful pictures and posts from members, which I read and look at with much interest. The friendliness and humour of the Forum is also much appreciated by me, and as far as my research and writing on the Forum is concerned, I do my best, and because it is part of my past history, I am so pleased that the Watch Forum has enabled me to once again buzz with ideas for posts and write them down.

You are as much a credit to the forum as the forum is a welcome escape for us all.

It turns out I have 15 chronos, I had no idea it was that many.

:eek: Snap, I've just counted mine - 15

I'd no idea either

I really need to thin out my collection of egg timers

apol800x600.jpg

cd2s.jpg

globa1s.jpg

kienzle_m_s.jpg

meister1.jpg

Edited by Mutley

Absolutely fantastic to see so many photographs of different chronographs. Some I like, some I don't, but who cares - that is the joy of the Forum. To Wlliam_Wilson and Mutley - I must confess that even I am falling under the spell of chronograph madness :shocking: , although as yet, I only have about five or six of these and I insist on keeping this psychological subdial fever under control.

Me, I've got a Seiko 7A38 and I just like pressing the buttons and watching the hands whizz round. I'm easily pleased.

Got to go. It's time for my medication . . .

:partytime:

I have the same problem, he he :D