• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Liamborghini

What To Set Your Watch To?

I just discovered that all the watches on the CVDK site show the correct time. I love them...wish I could afford one!

don't think that's correct........... it certainly isn't 10 past 2 at the moment anyway. ;-)

Thanks for all the replies guys! Many great suggestions!!

I checked on the GMT website and Emerald time app

Would you believe my luck?! Its one second behind both! Lets just see how accurate it will be :thumbup:

Thanks guys

Liam

p.s this has made me think of buying an atomic clock...

I think that counts as too obsessive. Other than timing for basic accuracy checking, if a vintage watch keeps time to a minute or so a day I am happy.

I think that counts as too obsessive.

This is RLT mate, there is no such thing as TOO obsessive around here! :lol:

Solved the problem by getting a Seiko Astron Solar GPS - it sets itself including the mysterious leap seconds. Then i can set the other watches from that.

Maybe that was not the most cost effective solution??

I think that counts as too obsessive.

This is RLT mate, there is no such thing as TOO obsessive around here! :lol:

Hahahaha! Maybe just a tad nuts then :lol:

I'm a bit OCD with timing... and setting clocks/watches :/

Cheers guys!

P.S My watch (after being set a few days ago) is now on time! To the second :thumbup:

We shall see how long that lasts :D

2014-01-060012014-01-06001_zps60a3f317.jpg

Bad pics here ^

Mine says hi!

'mornin' Mac!

Remember chaps, accuracy and timekeeping are two different criteria :yes:

A watch that runs consistently one minute slow or fast once set and kept wound without re-setting, could be considered to be 100% a good timekeeper, but is never accurate - - conversely a busted analogue watch is completely 100% accurate twice daily, that's when the time it stopped at comes around that day :yes: but has a zero rating for timekeeping.

In reality, most if not all vintage watches fall in between those two extremes, and the make and perceived build quality have little or no impact on the results, even on COSC pieces. It is possible for a no jewel watch ending in "EX" <- :lol: to have the same accuracy and timekeeping standards as a vastly more expensive jewelled Swiss made piece. Of course, it'll be a mater of luck to find one, or set one up to these standards, as the adjustments available are usually cruder.

Just a tad more injto the pot to mull over!

Two radio controlled wall clocks here as well as various other radio controlled weather station type thingys all timed to the second.

OCD ...................who me ???

regards

beach bum

Two radio controlled wall clocks here as well as various other radio controlled weather station type thingys all timed to the second.

OCD ...................who me ???

regards

beach bum

I love this! :D hahaha that sounds exactly like me!

OCD friend!

Haha well that's made my evening :')

Liam