• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
JoT

Member Titles / Ranks Updated

I think we got them in the right order in terms of complexity if anyone thinks otherwise let us know!

Wouldn't the right order of complexity to be quartz just below atomic clock?

The electronics in a quartz movement are so complicated that if bits go wrong a watchmaker can't make new bits, they have to throw them away! Talk about taken for granted. :-)

That is an interesting point. We are also missing tuning forks and pre tuning fork electrics. Perhaps we are saving those for the update in 2023? :D

Later,

William

No downgrades, we have just added more levels :lol: you have the same number of Rank pips

That's why I've said kind of! I used to have all the watches filled up, now you guys outrank me :eek: Even poor Mach doesn't have a full rank anymore, I fear for him, he might do something crazy now... :lol:

I think we got them in the right order in terms of complexity if anyone thinks otherwise let us know!

Wouldn't the right order of complexity to be quartz just below atomic clock?

The electronics in a quartz movement are so complicated that if bits go wrong a watchmaker can't make new bits, they have to throw them away! Talk about taken for granted. :-)

That is an interesting point. We are also missing tuning forks and pre tuning fork electrics. Perhaps we are saving those for the update in 2023? :D

Later,

William

Can't we have an insect rank, going for the number of legs? Would be simpler that way :partytime:

We thought it would be a bit of fun to have more categories including the elusive Quantum Clock (although Mac might get there!)

Becoming a chronographer (is there such a word?) isn't too far away for me. I'll make it one of my NY resolutions :D

Thank God I'm not a Minute Repeater, that sounds like a euphemism. :D

Later,

William

'Atomic Clock' could be mistaken for rhyming slang in my part of the world...

Later,

William

But you are perpetual William (!) :lol:

can't say i am all that bothered.

post count really seems to be a matter of <50 or >=50 otherwise it is pretty meaningless.

fun though :thumbup:

No downgrades, we have just added more levels :lol: you have the same number of Rank pips

That's why I've said kind of! I used to have all the watches filled up, now you guys outrank me :eek: Even poor Mach doesn't have a full rank anymore, I fear for him, he might do something crazy now... :lol:

We thought it would be a bit of fun to have more categories including the elusive Quantum Clock (although Mac might get there!)

It gives me something to aim for, though as I said - at my present rate it could take until July 2021 before I get there :lol:

Dreadful! :censored:

It should never have been based on the number of (worthless) posts... :no2:

Who would decide which posts are worthy :wink2:

Don't worry Mac...I include many of my posts as worthless :yes:...."Favourite Discos Numbers" springs to mind as does my many posts in "What Are You Listening To?"

My badly made point was meant to highlight that nearly 50% of what is posted on The Watch Forum is in the Off Topics Discussions sections...i.e. 192,100 posts (sad ******* alert, I added them up :D)

Maybe I just don't like being a Perpetual Calendar....better post some more disco numbers :tongue2:

Dreadful! :censored:

It should never have been based on the number of (worthless) posts... :no2:

Who would decide which posts are worthy :wink2:

Don't worry Mac...I include many of my posts as worthless :yes:...."Favourite Discos Numbers" springs to mind as does my many posts in "What Are You Listening To?"

My badly made point was meant to highlight that nearly 50% of what is posted on The Watch Forum is in the Off Topics Discussions sections...i.e. 192,100 posts (sad ******* alert, I added them up :D)

Maybe I just don't like being a Perpetual Calendar....better post some more disco numbers :tongue2:

Do you like your bespoke Title :P

By the way the Disco post was a classic :D

hi i was so near having the for set now i will have to buy even more watches? i hope not but then we all know how we still do, i am trying to stop only one new in this year so far so thats good start.all the best woody77.

Edited by woody77

Ooooo, hadn't noticed that :lol:

The Disco post needs to be revived. We must have some relatively new members who like disco....it can't just be me and you John. :D

Ooooo, hadn't noticed that :lol:

The Disco post needs to be revived. We must have some relatively new members who like disco....it can't just be me and you John. :D

Heh... The other disco fan...!

Stitch this...

Played at my wedding!!!

Just as well it wasn't based on watch maker names. It would have caused no end of shame and indignity.

Ha ha :yahoo: No one wants to be MR Pink.......

Well we did consider watch brands but Mac would have wanted Services as the top category :P

Would have to have been based on maximum numbers of watches made in total :whistle:

So top numbers of posts = top number of watches = TIMEX ?

As well some bright spark didn't suggest stating from a watch with a busted spring. :yes:

no not really like everyone else just want to see what it looks like.

regards

beach bum

Later,

William

Hey! I resemble that remark!!!