• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Any Hifi Enthusiasts Around?

Just wondering whether there is any shared interest in hifi? This is my second hobby apart from watches. I like British (relatively understated) brands as I own a Sonneteer amp and Exposure dac. Since I have now completed my hifi system, I have turned my attention back to watches;)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be interested to see some pictures, sounds wild. Three current systems is still a good count. Apart from my main system, I have a second one in the bedroom. I have now moved from cd replay to streaming and very happily so. I am now finally (after switching various components) happy with both systems and not tempted to upgrade further.

System 1: vortexbox - sonneteer orton - exposure dac - totem rainmaker

System 2: Sonos connect - Rega dac - marantz pearl lite - totem sttaf

Edited by Watchdude49

Love my hi-fi.............

Rega P3 Turntable with acrylic platter & ortofon MC25 FL cartridge............. Cyrus Mono X Power amps & Pre X pre-amp........... Nakamichi DR tape deck........... Dynaudio Contour 3.0......... Marantz Ki-Sig 63 cd player........... used to have an Opus Resoultion 21 but sold it...........

Eventually want to get a nice Pionner reel to reel........

Very nice Docta..........

Well watchdude i can strongly recommend Nakamichi tape decks, mine is a DR2, the sound quality is excellent, i did not know cassette tapes could sound that good, mind you back in the day these were mega bucks.......£500 - £1000 20 years ago, today you can get a nice one for £50 :yes:

Hi watchdude, have you heard the sound from a Nakamichi tape deck? Shockingly good from old pre-records............ it's made me go all analogue...........

@ JOT.......... John, you can always get some nice headphones :)

Yes thought of that but they are a bit anti-social :lol: not sure the 710 would like me with cans on all night .... or maybe she would! :D

Nakamichi, fantastic sound...............mines in the car, the older Lexus top of the range models had the complete system designed and made by Nakamichi and I must say the sound is amazingly clear and precise (and it doesn't have to go to ear popping levels to impress either).

Unfortunately I have no cassette tapes to run through it anymore, just relies upon the CD deck.

Nakamichi, fantastic sound...............mines in the car, the older Lexus top of the range models had the complete system designed and made by Nakamichi and I must say the sound is amazingly clear and precise (and it doesn't have to go to ear popping levels to impress either).

Unfortunately I have no cassette tapes to run through it anymore, just relies upon the CD deck.

Lexus....excellent Hifi, but I bought alpine made the head units , I know the Mark levinson cars had alpine units re badged.

Same With the new Jags and their "B&W " Hifi............let's just call it "marketing" !!!

Lexus....excellent Hifi, but I bought alpine made the head units , I know the Mark levinson cars had alpine units re badged.

Same With the new Jags and their "B&W " Hifi............let's just call it "marketing" !!!

May well be Alpine on the newer models but when I took my unit out it says Nakamichi on the back.......

May well be Alpine on the newer models but when I took my unit out it says Nakamichi on the back.......

stopped using Nakamichi years ago. it had a terrible build quality issue and became a cheap US brand sold in "circuit city "

I've been through loads of kit over the years, it can get a bit obsessive :)

At the moment I'm running my Goldring deck with the 1012GX cartridge into my Mistral Valve amp via a Pro-Ject Phono Box 2.

I still use my Arcam 7 SE CD player as the sound is still excellent when I have the urge to spin a disc!

Recently swapped my B+W 303 speakers for some AE Compact 1's, much smaller but a very crisp sound.

Recently though I've been using a Bluetooth module plugged into the amp that works really well, not made the leap into full streaming yet but it is on the horizon.

And I've now got an urge to root around the attic for my old Technics tape deck..and come to think of it there are a couple of NAD record decks up there as well, and a Sony receiver..bugger now going to have to check :)