• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
teadazed

New (To Me) And My First Rlt

Just arrived this morning following an easy and pleasant transaction on sales corner.

It's about as big as I can wear without a large bezel so I've swapped it onto a nice chunky Birkenstock strap.

IMG_20140204_121730_zpslgbgrc3y.jpg

IMG_20140204_121808_zpsicjcq2xl.jpg

Nice simple watch and I'm very pleased with it.

Well it has to be simple with only one hand to look at!!!!

Sorry couldn't resist.

That's a fine RLT you have and obviously a great conversation piece. Enjoy

I like one handed watches, they're different and not watches that take themselves too seriously (if that makes any sense).

First one I had was a Luch but mine was a bit flimsy and I broke it whilst pulling the crown out to set the time. I wasn't being careless, honest

I've been looking for an alternative since.

I've had my eye on a single handed RLT for a while and when one popped up on sales corner, I had to have it.

One handed watches are actually really easy to use. Think when someone asks the time - it's rare to quote it exactly - normally it'd be "it's about quarter to," or "just gone seven".

A one hander is more than adequate for that and with practise it's easy to read the time to the nearest minute or so.

It's rare that I need to know the time more accurately than that.

Guest robert75

I do like a one hand watch and I especially like the old RLT watches. Looks very good though may I suggest a nice brown leather strap to go with that one.

13 is a lucky number for me - nonsense about it being unlucky, I hope!

What an interesting watch to buy from RLT, and I also would like to know how you get on with it. At first, I thought that I was just seeing a watch photographed when the two hands come together, but on take two, I realised that I was seeing a genuine one-handed watch. I do have an example myself - A Chinese mechanical example - and I wonder, does this type of watch have the nickname of "Nelson" type watch?

Anyway, thanks teadazed for photographing this quaint and simple piece. Great to see it.

IF you still have the Luch ask Roy if he can put you a new winder in, he did an Orient for me that the winder broke when changing the time.

Well, technically I still have it...

I decided that since the cost of someone looking at it was pretty much the same as the replacement value I'd attack it with a screwdriver and have a go myself.

I now have a bag of bits. It was a fun hour though.