• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
chocko

New Watch Mag

Saw the advert on TV last night and just happened to lean forward in the chair at the same time, as you do when your interest is piqued. Or as it was in my case to reach my drink and the look she shot me pretty much said, if you arrive home with that magazine your nads will end up as two extra adams apples! And all I was doing was getting my drink....

Eeh, your missus sounds like a sensible lass! :naughty:

Just think what the TV ads cost to make, what the airtime cost to buy, what the magazine(s) cost to print/distribute...and the watches might cost to make...and compare with the variable cover price (the retailer has to take a cut too) and they'll need to sell alot of copies to make a profit - even if the watches cost them £2 a piece shipped. Defo not Swiss Made :lol: .

I'm not sure who'll be interested in unbranded, Chinese-made, cheap-as-chips, quartz, semi-homages (are the cases plastic?) the batteries for which will cost more than the watch is worth :tongue2: But hey, they must think there's a market for (and profit in) the part-work (as it's called in the trade). Not for me though.

I picked this up a week ago,the magazine is basic and to most of us not much use,the watch looks ok but fogged up after i did the dishes lol,popped the back off too air it,its got a s.Epson 55a quartz movement with a maxwell battery,should keep good time but not wr as said,lume is dull but knid of readable :/ strap is pretty crud so would be better on a nato G20 ,still worth £3.99 but not sure ill get anymore.

Picked a copy up on Thursday. Magazine not bad but insubstantial.

Though not an award winner; I like the watch. Mine has pretty good lume and I'm quite taken with the strap. Also comes in nice little box (easily give the watch in the box as a pressie). There are lots of fashion watches for £20+ which don't feel as solid.

Worth £3.99 in my opinion.

2nd issue (6th March) for £6.99 has a "Luftwaffe" type watch with a leather strap. I'll probably get that but no others (£9.99).

Cheers

Gary

and they are off and running :wallbash: :lol: :wallbash: :lol:

I might message him to ask if it come with magazine papers.

and they are off and running :wallbash: :lol: :wallbash: :lol:

I might message him to ask if it come with magazine papers.

Question asked watch this space :thumbup:

I've subscribed there's some nice looking watches, won't get the whole lot but will have a good few of them I mean £10.00 an issue is not a lot of money the straps look half decent a good strap would cost more than that so may buy 12 of them just for the free case etc

most of the watches will be stolen off the magazines !

I got issue 2 today and the mag's not up to much but the Luftwaffe-type watch is, I think, well worth £6.99. Solid, big, good lume on hands, leather strap.

Cheers

Gary

I got issue 2 today and the mag's not up to much but the Luftwaffe-type watch is, I think, well worth £6.99. Solid, big, good lume on hands, leather strap.

Cheers

Gary

Are you having a laugh? I had a look at this piece of crap tonight, the hands wiggle about when you rotate the watch. £6.99 :eek:

Cheers

Gary

Are you having a laugh? I had a look at this piece of crap tonight, the hands wiggle about when you rotate the watch. £6.99 :eek:

The hands wiggle until you pull a tag from the winder .look alongside winder a note reads PULL .