• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Retronaut

Finally - A New Arrival!

Hello all,

Ages ago I flipped my aging PAG-40 Pro Trek with the intention of getting a solar/ atomic one instead at some point.

For a while I wasn't too sure which one to go for - either a PRG-240 or a PRW-2500 seemed the likely candidates.

I went to Singapore at the end of last year and had a look round there - unfortunately it's a non Waveceptor region so the G-Shocks and Pro Treks on sale were mainly non atomic versions which put me off a bit.

I did eventually get round to eyeballing the all singing all dancing solar atomic PRW-2500 but somehow it just didn't click for me.

Additionally it had metal parts on the strap which I prefer to avoid as I feel all resin watches are less prone to scratch other things.

Managed to snag this as a reasonably priced BIN from eBay - basically looks brand new and has either been in a display case or had an exceptionally easy life.

This is the Casio Pro Trek PRG-240 - Compass / Barometer / Alitmeter (still a current model). Solar powered and ticks all the boxes for me apart from the lack of atomic timekeeping - given the good price I decided to let that requirement slide for this one.

Initial thoughts are that I'm perfectly happy with this - plenty of features to play with and seems comfortable.

I've yet get fully into the advanced functions and set-ups but I'm sure they'll be up to the usual Casio standards.

In terms of tinkering (most of my watches seem to get modded in some way) there's the option of Pro Trek strap adapters and a G-Shock double velcro strap and a silicon diving screen protector. Will be leaving standard for now at least though.

Anyway - a few quick photos from the phone to share below.

Size comparison shots are with a G-Shock GW-7900.

:cheers:

Rich.

4B5E0E9D-5130-4644-AB18-F4441244E2CE_zps003ovnce.jpg

3412E820-D391-42DC-9B01-F982DADBBB22_zpsfinsxqnp.jpg

E8C3FBD7-55E3-4AA3-861A-B8B9748B3E64_zps6upk3hqi.jpg

082AECAC-92DD-49BF-99FB-CC3F32AA6367_zpsx6wbqjqj.jpg

8F0814C7-4D12-4E35-B6DA-DE1380CA7C57_zpsvrgrroky.jpg

9354D978-4677-4187-B78B-B2E17C9C7122_zpsj2mwiup1.jpg