• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
BondandBigM

Steinhart Hq

It would appear there is some profit in ripping off other companies ideas and designs judging by their nice new HQ

1794548_658389290870503_1283885236_n_zpsccbb6259.jpg

1904007_662326153810150_342307885_n_zpsb7b43d99.jpg

1551600_643386512370781_194680230_n_zps6e760ef6.jpg

Order in some bits from your "Swiss Partners", assemble them if they actually do that ??? and flog them on to customers who have waited for ever and will swear blind they are better than the real thing at a 10th of the price.

Can't be that difficult

:lol: :lol:

Owned 3 Steinharts in the last couple years... but not any at the moment.

I say good on them, I like what they do & think they do it very well.

I don't own any but I really like the Ocean Vintage Military and I don't have any issue whatsoever with the Company doing well enough to upscale their premises. Fair play to them, they are obviously providing a very good proposition to the market place. There appears to be a lot of good will towards the brand and many happy customers. That doesn't happen by accident, especially in today's economy. Can't knock them for it IMO.

Ok another slant on it, would you buy one of these Chinese BMW X5 copies or give the manufacturer any credit ???

I'm betting everything I've got in my pocket you wouldn't be seen dead in one

Great value watches, they make lots of their own design watches too, good luck to them.

It's hardly a palace is it? Maybe all companies should operate from two-up, two-down terraced houses in the heart of the Glasgow Gorbals, or out of a battered shack on the Isle of Man, and be grateful for it. :eek:

I don't see what the point being made is? Assuming it's a dig at Steinhart specifically, rather than companies bettering themselves in general, then I still don't get it? Admittedly Steinhart make 'homage' watches, but they also do a few unique designs of their own, and most of their 'homages' are done by plenty of other well-respected firms. Add to that, the fact that Steinhart watches are generally excellent quality and affordable, makes this attack seem even more obscure???

Sorry, very grumpy today as I'm in to week 3 of this never-ending man flu, and I've also lost all the spare links to my Speedbird III bracelet, so once again the IWC 'homage' is coming back to me. I've renamed it the Boomerang III GMT :(

I have t6o support Mr Bond on this How can any company claim to be a serious watchmaker if they copy other company designs or have to use bought-in movements. Just like Mr Bond, I could never contemplate owning a Rolex when their Daytona relied on the Zenith El Primero movement until the year 2000. Maybe after that they had managed to learn enough to make their own. Maybe that is why collectors value the Zenith powered Daytona more highly than the newer in-house powered one?

Maybe that is why the other Mr Bond switched to Omega?

Bearing in mind another thread I must admit that this is pure banter on my part as I do like the submariner - especially the newest graduated blue dial - almost as good as the originals used in the Seiko Baby Tuna that I have.

Naw it's no the Taj Mahal to be fair. Front of house is unattended and some bugger has nicked all the watches they had lying around.

Edited by Trigger

Ok another slant on it, would you buy one of these Chinese BMW X5 copies or give the manufacturer any credit ???

I'm betting everything I've got in my pocket you wouldn't be seen dead in one

Not entirely fair Mr Bond. They do have their fair share of 'homages' but the rest of their range is well designed, and well priced. IMO of course :)