• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

'dreadnought' On The Flea

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the website the drawings show a water resistance of 20 ATM which would be 190m but the description shows water resistance to 300m - wonder which is correct?

How many owners are going find out, a couple of hundreds or 300m is probably a bit academic. Most likely the bottom of a pool is as deep as most will see.

:lol: :lol:

Agree that most people will never use one to those depths but if you are going to the trouble and expense of designing a watch case rather than using one off-the-shelf then you might as well get everything to match.

True, for the kind of money they go for you would expect attention to detail. It's what makes the difference between the good stuff and the also rans be that watches, cars or whatever.

:)

Guest robert75

On the website the drawings show a water resistance of 20 ATM which would be 190m but the description shows water resistance to 300m - wonder which is correct?

How many owners are going find out, a couple of hundreds or 300m is probably a bit academic. Most likely the bottom of a pool is as deep as most will see.

In fairness to the watch manufacturers how many people actually use a divers watch for diving? Friend of mine goes diving and uses an £80 Citizen quartz watch ironically purchased from a diving website. There are a few "interesting" Pictures of a few customers using the Dreadnough while diving on TZUK.

In fairness to the watch manufacturers how many people actually use a divers watch for diving? Friend of mine goes diving and uses an £80 Citizen quartz watch ironically purchased from a diving website. There are a few "interesting" Pictures of a few customers using the Dreadnough while diving on TZUK.

But probably not at 200+ metres, years ago I wore an Armani chrono that had no screw down crowns and was only rated at 50m, it saw plenty of pools and saunas, even a bit in the sea and it was fine. I still have it somewhere in a box, last I looked it was still ticking away. My U-Boat is the same and its never leaked.

Depth rating is a bit of hype that almost nobody will test. I would imagine with modern technology the days of professional divers relying on a watch are long gone and away.

But probably not at 200+ metres, years ago I wore an Armani chrono that had no screw down crowns and was only rated at 50m, it saw plenty of pools and saunas, even a bit in the sea and it was fine. I still have it somewhere in a box, last I looked it was still ticking away. My U-Boat is the same and its never leaked.

Depth rating is a bit of hype that almost nobody will test. I would imagine with modern technology the days of professional divers relying on a watch are long gone and away.

I suspect that you're dead right there; and I also think that in these litigious days, watch makers probably build in a huge margin to ensure that they don't get sued if their watches fail to be water-resistant while you're out in a heavy dew one morning... :D All this " can I wash my hands while wearing a 200 Metre diver ", may just be worrying a tad too much... :lol: