UK Watch Forum banner

My Vintage Lcd Collection

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  mel 
#1 ·
box.jpg

They're all working fine and all are in more or less NOS condition. I store the oldest ones (bottom row middle 2) without batteries as they really gobble them up. I have a couple more on my wish list but it's going to be one in one out from now on.

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice! I have a soft spot for vintage lcds and have a few Seiko ones left, I love the Pam Am world time bottom left, Ive had a fair few of them over the years but sadly not anymore... Cost the same as a Rolex Sub in 1979!

#6 ·
Like Greasmonkey above, I remember the new digital era from my youth, with the LED variants, then the LCD coming of age. I really love the collection.

The big old hunk of steel on the bottom row reminds me of "Gort" from the original film "The day the Earth stood still".

I really should get an old LCD for my collection, they're so cool.

Thanks for sharing the pics of your great collection!

#7 ·
IMG_3749.jpg

The big gold one at the bottom is an Epsa-Optel Segtronic. It was one of the very first LCD's on the market and it's massive (it had to be as the movement/module was largely hand soldered). What I like best about it is that you set the time with a crown and stem as with an analogue watch. It's gold filled to 80 microns with 18k as well so it looks a bit bling :)

#9 ·
Lovely collection there,I have just started mine with a Hamilton/Pulsar/Omega LED on bracelet.

Apparently the module is the same as the Omega TC3 Constellation,I also have my eye on a couple of Seiko LEDs.

#10 ·
I had one of the first LCD watches, can't remember the maker, it had the loudest alarms that I've ever heard on a watch.

Sadly it ate batteries but I can remember watching fascinated as the numbers clicked over.

I honestly thought that the day of analogue mechanical watches was over.

#11 ·
My sentiments also luddite (Analogue mechanical).

I was nowt but a lad in my teens when I thought they were fading out,although mechanical has come back full swing.

That said lcd only seems to be used in multigraph watches.

#14 ·
Not a headline we see often in the Electric Watches section - - but impressive just the same. They have a charm but sadly, not much of a heart tickin' away, :lol:

I'm glad someone is taking on the preservation of this kind of piece :yes:

I've a couple of TIMEX, a Skiathom and an Expedition sort of thing, but it's for convenience rather than collecting them - - they go through security usually without triggering the alarm being mostly plastic. :)

Right, who's got a set of LED watches to show and tell about?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.