• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
paulh123

Help With Valuation Of A Rare U Boat Watch

I have a rare quartz U Boat left hook from the mid nineties, it is No 0639 of 1000 made i am having problems getting it valued for insurance purposes, has anyone any idea of its value and were i could get a valuation for insurance purpose, i am trying to upload pics of same but photobucket is playing up. I will continue to try.

Paul.

Photobucket problem cured, the scratch on the back has been sorted.

DSCF90302_zps6d621955.jpg

DSCF90292_zpsc0b74d5c.jpg

DSCF9027_zpsec64451a.jpg

Edited by paulh123

Probably not quite as rare as you think, they made these with several different dial configurations and colours but they are all essentially the same watch.

Here's mine, basically the same watch with a different dial.

shot_1393093016597_zpseed7c7a4.jpg

There is a Dutch seller on eBay UK, seems to sell a lot of them so you might get some idea of retail values which ideally is what you want for an insurance valuation. Just type in U-Boat and you'll find him.

:)

B'jesus Mr Bond, how much sh*te appears when you type 'U-boat' into eBay?? How can they allow all this detritus to clog up t'internet? It's an outrage. I shall be writing to my MP. In the meantime I must say I like the look of your U, but I'm sure that comes as no surprise. An intelligent man, his vodka and his watch... the holy trinity :notworthy: