• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Raptor

Smoking To Vaping?

I am a smoker and I am looking at cutting down to

stopping completely via the e-cig route.

Has anyone here done it? I have just bought a cheap

disposable e-cig from the bay of e which has no nicotine

just flavoured(black honey) to see what vaping is like.

Any recommendations for a low cost entry level vaping kit?

Edited by Raptor

I bought an evod vape stick and some 0mg flavours piece of piss switching ,I had been smoking for 25 years .I'm now a social smoker and that's once in a blue moon. Mr teatime is massive into the vaping culture and is modding and building his own. Good luck.

I went to the local shop bought a menthol one as it was Easyer to puff on , recharable with charger and a spare set of menthol tips

Stopped in November was off the plastic cig by December and not had one since happy days , the key is anyways have spares laying about becouse if you run out it to easy to go and get some cigs

Or would this help willing to send it to you for free postage for a small donation to my fund raiser , its a little worn but worth a try and a read

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=AndrewGriffiths5

438BB3D6-8C9E-4076-91F1-5DE762DA68A0_zps7mpkjhqs.jpg

Edited by Iceblue

It's your lucky day :wink:

I'm a bit of a vaping enthusiast...been vaping for 2 years now and am at the top of the tree currently (I have the vape equivelent of a rolex) :lol:

My best advice to you first is please don't try it with 0mg nicotine...you will give up and go back to cigs

Start off on a decent strength...at least 16/18mg nicotine...possibly even 24mg...you can always wean yourself off in stages to lower nicotine content

Remember...nicotine doesn't kill you...it's all the other crap in cigs that does

As for a good starter kit which will give you the best vape experience for the money...I highly recommend an ego twist battery (It's variable voltage so you can ramp it up should you need more of a hit) and on top, A vivi nova tank

I've just google searched and this is good value

You get two set ups...so you can use one whilst the other is charging...you also get the wall charger and 10ml of juice

http://vapingmatters.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=80

Good luck...and if you have any questions PM me...I was on 20 a day before I started vaping...not touched one since I started and i'm so much healthier

Regards

Russ

See the doc ask for champix tablets,follow instructions,you still have a cig for the first couple of weeks then stop.worked a treat after 40 years of cig and pipe.clean for five years now and a whole lot of watches too.

Some great info so far chaps, thank you.

Quick question for the vapers, how much e-liquid do you use

say per month/what do you spend?

Some great info so far chaps, thank you.

Quick question for the vapers, how much e-liquid do you use

say per month/what do you spend?

I vape maybe 50/60ml a month

Spend around £20-25 per month

I switched over to vaping about 18 months ago and haven't looked back. I was at the docs for a full checkup a few months ago and my lung and heart function was measured as back to non-smoker condition. I feel great.

I haven't tried giving up altogether, as I tried that with the real fags many times without long-term success, so at the moment the eCig is simply a substitute. Maybe in time I'll reduce the nicotine content (I'm on 11mg) and get myself off it, but I'm in no hurry.

I started off with a relatively cheap Ego-C starter set which I got from an eCig shop. I was advised not to go for fag-shaped little ones as that would end up being a disappointment, but for a ego kit. Once I knew I liked it and I was off the fags, I've invested in some new tanks and batteries so now I have a setup I can maintain. If you go on the eCig forums you'll see that the search for the perfect vape can become a very geeky hobby, but I'm happy with my standard setup with replaceable coils and a decent-sized tank (3.5ml). I recently got myself a variable voltage battery, but it's been a bit underwhelming. I've tried lots of different liquid flavours and settled down to two or three favourites (apple, menthol and vanilla), but I often get a small bottle of something different when I stock up on those just to keep trying out new flavours. If you're addicted to nicotine, as I most certainly am, you need to make sure you always have a spare charged battery and enough liquid with you otherwise, as I found out a few times, as soon as you run out you're in danger of scrounging a fag off someone.

I'm spending around 20 pounds a month in liquids plus the odd spare part compared to 5 pounds a day for cigarettes so that's another massive benefit.

I highly recommend switching, either as a substitute or as a way to wean yourself off cigarettes. It worked for me splendidly.

-wotsch

Edited by wotsch

This kit seems to get good reviews for

first timers, what say you lot?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VARIABLE-VOLTAGE-EVOD-MT3-ESHISHA-VAPE-VAPOUR-PEN-CLEARMISERUSB-CHARGER-SALE-hot/171377515236?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140107083358%26meid%3D8080335445253736319%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D20140107083358%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D171370379583

You might want to watch out about how you charge them up, seems these days every man and his dog is selling them so what if any sort of regulation is there.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvideo/10752980/Exploding-e-cigarette-sets-barmaids-dress-on-fire.html

I have one of the regular e-cigs that looks like a ciggy for work, not ideal but it works for me, a couple of puffs now and then and the cartridges last for ages. The only downside is that around here at least you can't use them anywhere, most pubs and venues open to the public seem to have banned them so your still standing out in the cold, they don't seem to happy about it at the new works either.

• Like 1

You might want to watch out about how you charge them up, seems these days every man and his dog is selling them so what if any sort of regulation is there.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvideo/10752980/Exploding-e-cigarette-sets-barmaids-dress-on-fire.html

I can appreciate there is some concern over these but no more than any other piece

of tech that uses li-ion batteries.

http://gizmodo.com/5985410/why-smartphone-laptop-and-airplane-batteries-explode

Just found there is a shop not far from me

with Evod starter kits so am heading there

in the morning.

Isn't this just swapping one habit for another?

You're treating "symptoms" and not "causes" Change lifestyle, man up and go cold turkey. End of - - no money spent at all. And yes, I was a smoker, 40 plus a day and in the days when filters were for wimps! :lol: Suck it in, inhale and coff it up!

Bought myself some chewing gum, for a week only, and that was it! But I was in the frame to do it!

Isn't this just swapping one habit for another?

For me it is. But swapping one definitely-will-kill-me habit to a may-not-kill-me-and-in-the-mean-time-feel-much-better habit is at least an improvement. Cold turkey has worked many times for me, but not in the long-run, and until the next time I try that eCigarettes are better than real cigarettes.

If you have the willpower, giving up altogether is certainly the better option. Well done for doing that.

-wotsch

Well, the disposable ciggie like ecig turned up today

and I am quite impressed so far. It has 15mg nicotine

and the black honey flavour is quite nice. I awoke at

4pm after my night shift and as yet haven't had a

tobacco cig and haven't felt the need to have one.

The postie also delivered a ego vaporiser today so

I am just waiting for the ejuice I ordered which was

on offer at £1 a bottle for 10ml from a new company.

All in all I think this is the way to go towards cutting

the nicotine.

Coincidentally I had a puff of one at the weekend when I was out, wasn't to bad and not as harsh as my ecig but I'd still be a bit concerned about what ingredients these liquids or cartridges contain.

At least with proper cigs, good or bad, you know what's in them.

• Like 1

The liquids usually contain propylene glycol/vegetable glycerine mix

with liquid nicotine(for the hit) and a added flavour.

From reading all the chemicals are of pharmaceutical grade and

are readily available so you can even mix your own.

All in all a hell of a lot less than the 3-4000 chemicals in cigarettes.

Edited by Raptor

My local ecig shop is run by this really helpful and apparently big mover and shaker in the vaping world ,he always says make sure your liquids are British and buy from a good source . I use mystic juice apple flavour. The forums are funny too.

I am on day four now and not had a single cigarette nor

felt the need for one.

I must admit I didn't think it would be this easy to give

up tobacco and I am feeling much better already, loads

of energy, no yellow fingers and no dog breath.

Just ordered an e cig for myself which should be here Wednesday. I'll let you know how I get on with it.

David

Just ordered an e cig for myself which should be here Wednesday. I'll let you know how I get on with it.

David

Good luck mate, day five now obviously and another

vaporiser arrived in the post so I have a spare.

Roughly worked out that at this rate it's currently costing

me around 75p a week on juice which is a hell of a difference

compared to £15-20 a week on tobacco.