• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Raptor

Smoking To Vaping?

Just wanted to say I bought my Aspire Plato at beginning of December and it is amazing in fact it is that good my last cigarette was December 31st and just changed the first wick yesterday . Totally amazed by it and such a great vape experience  

• Like 1

Those Nautilus coils are very good. I know Aspire is about to release a Nautilus V2 and a lot of people are hoping it's just a design update and they stick with the old coils, they are still among the best. Lots of people were able to quit on Nautilus Minis and they still vape on one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kutusov said:

Those Nautilus coils are very good. I know Aspire is about to release a Nautilus V2 and a lot of people are hoping it's just a design update and they stick with the old coils, they are still among the best. Lots of people were able to quit on Nautilus Minis and they still vape on one.

Given up with e-go thingys and just bought the Innokin T22 4 mill tank and the battery charge seems to last a long time. So quite pleased at the moment.

Not into sub whats its or clouds of smoke/vapour. Just keeping nice and simple...........bit like me really. :)

Rob....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robden said:

Given up with e-go thingys and just bought the Innokin T22 4 mill tank and the battery charge seems to last a long time. So quite pleased at the moment.

Not into sub whats its or clouds of smoke/vapour. Just keeping nice and simple...........bit like me really. :)

Rob....

Those are good ones too! It's an old coil design but it just works. 

As to vapour production, I only got why some new vapers need a lot of vapour to be able to quit recently. I suspect some people, me included, primarily need the mouth and throat hit thing but others need the nic rush you get with a cigarette, smoke having a lot smaller particles that are absorbed a lot quicker. If you fall on the later category, you do need to direct inhale so that volume compensates a slower nicotine abortion.  

That's why we need a lot of different options out there and that's why bad regulations can end up stopping people from being able to transition to a much safer alternative to smoking.      

Hey @Kutusov  I've tried direct inhale but just can't get along with it. The T22 is a direct inhale unit but I use it as a cigarette. Draw, exhale a touch then inhale the rest before exhaling again.

It's the way I've smoked for about 50 years. (This looks disgusting seeing it in black and white). Also I have never exhaled smoke/vape through the nose.

But, it seems to work for me.

Rob....

17 hours ago, Kutusov said:

It seems that the Triton mini coils are compatible with the Nautilus and the Plato, so even if the Nautilus production is stopped, there are alternatives.

http://online.aspirecig.com/aspire-triton-mini-replacement-18-clapton-coil-5pcs-p-162.html

• Like 1

I think you mean the T22 is a mouth to lung unit, you can't really direct inhale on that one. Or if you think you can, you should try the really wide open ones! You would be able to breath just fine if they glued one to your mouth and closed your nose!

Always had a nasty habit of exhaling smoke from my nose and I still do it with vapour. The difference is smoke would dry your nose, vapour gives you a runny nose :tongue:

Anyway, vaping styles and needs might also change with time. When I started I wanted the closest thing to my experience with a cigarette, now I enjoy something that is a bit more open. I sort of take the first 2/3 as  cigarette draw but the I lung the last third. That meant uping my VG on my liquids because too much PG (and nic) do rip my throat apart

BTW @wotsch, Kinght V2 on its way :rolleyes::whistle:   

• Like 1

Just now, wotsch said:

It seems that the Triton mini coils are compatible with the Nautilus and the Plato, so even if the Nautilus production is stopped, there are alternatives.

http://online.aspirecig.com/aspire-triton-mini-replacement-18-clapton-coil-5pcs-p-162.html

They are but I've never tried them. They sound like something I would prefer, them being closer to 1ohm and having organic cotton but a lot of people say the old ones are still better. I imagine it's the whole thing of organic cotton VS cellucotton. Aspire won't stop making the BVC coils though, I bet they are still their best seller. 

Just now, wotsch said:

I've been using it today at work with the Kayfun and it's been great.

One thing I couldn't find... does it have stealth mode? (can you vape with the screen turned off?) 

8 minutes ago, Kutusov said:

does it have stealth mode?

Not as far as I remember from the manual, but then I never use stealth mode so I wouldn't have been looking out for that.

EDIT: Nope, just checked and nothing mentioned. Maybe has a different chip to the mods I'm used to. They've all had a similar interface/controls, but the controls, interface and functions on the Knight V2 are different. Not bad, just different.

ANOTHER EDIT: For example, 5 clicks doesn't lock/unlock, but turns it on/off.

Edited by wotsch

21 minutes ago, wotsch said:

Not as far as I remember from the manual, but then I never use stealth mode so I wouldn't have been looking out for that.

EDIT: Nope, just checked and nothing mentioned. Maybe has a different chip to the mods I'm used to. They've all had a similar interface/controls, but the controls, interface and functions on the Knight V2 are different. Not bad, just different.

ANOTHER EDIT: For example, 5 clicks doesn't lock/unlock, but turns it on/off.

:( ...I can't use mods without stealth mode... 

Locking the settings buttons can also be done by clicking up and down at the same time for a couple of seconds, that's actually more common than the 5 clicks of the DNA style boards. 

Well just another update: It's 6 weeks today I gave up smoking and moved to the CoV minivolt! I have never gone this long without a single cigarette, the longest I ever lasted cold turkey was a couple of days :swoon: 

I have 3 1/2 bottles of 1.2% strength e-liquid left and when these are finished I will move down to either 1% or 0.5% depending on whether I feel 0.5% will be strong enough or not at this stage.

My body/ lungs still seem to be in the 'cleaning' stage and I guess this will take quite a while (you must gather a lot of Cr@p in your body when smoking) but everything seems to be slowly improving :yes: 

If any smokers on here read this thread I can't urge you enough to give e-cigarettes a go, they have been the only method I have tried that have actually worked (and up to the e-cigarettes I had tried repeatedly to quit over 16 years or so)

As an aside I had to pop over to my Aunts yesterday, her and her son are heavy smokers (we were there and hour and they had three each :swoon: ) - it made me feel physically sick breathing in the smoke, and when I got home I stank, I had to have a long shower and my clothes had to go straight in the wash. As a smoker I never realised how bad it smelt!! :jawdrop1:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, graham1981 said:

As an aside I had to pop over to my Aunts yesterday, her and her son are heavy smokers (we were there and hour and they had three each :swoon: ) - it made me feel physically sick breathing in the smoke, and when I got home I stank, I had to have a long shower and my clothes had to go straight in the wash. As a smoker I never realised how bad it smelt!! :jawdrop1:

Aside from the quite quick improvement in lung capacity and efficiency, recovering my ability to smell was and still is one of the most power motivators to not go back to cigarettes. I was quite shocked with how bad everything around me smelt. I pretty much replaced everything in my home office because of that, from shelves to curtains and rug, etc.

It's a shame vaping is under such a strong attack from governments and WHO and the lot. But then again it just shows you that they aren't concerned with health and lives, they are hooked on the easy money a vice brings.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, wotsch said:

BTW, couldn't wait until February. The Kayfun Mini v3 is great!

It really is, probably the perfect draw for me but the V5 has better flavour (probably the best flavour tank ever), it's more reliable and wicks better. I wish there was one that combined the Mini V3 and the V5 but that's why one keeps chasing the white wale and wasting money :laugh: 

Just gave up on the Digiflavor Sirens, they are a great vape but that middle of the tank deck system is not great: it will leak a bit or it has trouble keeping up even with mine 50 or 60PGs. 

Two months today I switched to the CoV Minivolt and haven't had a single puff on a real cigarette in that time :thumbsup: 

I have found the Minivolt perfect for me, it doesn't have the biggest battery ever but I'm not a heavy user and a charge will last me all day (day and a bit really but wouldn't want it to run out at work) Coils seem to last a fair while, probably about a month before they are knackered. Breathing seems to be getting better, it now feels like when I take a normal breath I'm filling most of my lungs up with air, where as before when smoking and just after I was breathing very shallowly. Still have 2 1/2 bottles of liquid left, when they are gone I will buy some more at a lower strength and start to slowly come off the nicotine altogether :yes: 

Hope everyone else is getting on OK with their e-cigarettes :thumbsup: 

Edited by graham1981

Hi Guys,

Just got me missus the CoV minivolt and a few menthol liquids. She only smokes 5-10 a day and finds the 4mg menthol burns her throat?  I gave it a blast and it was fine, and I have not smoked for 8 years, lol.

Apart from the obvious 0mg liquid any other ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Richy

14 minutes ago, Richy said:

Hi Guys,

Just got me missus the CoV minivolt and a few menthol liquids. She only smokes 5-10 a day and finds the 4mg menthol burns her throat?  I gave it a blast and it was fine, and I have not smoked for 8 years, lol.

Thanks in advance,

Richy

I have been vaping a while now and I have found none better than this https://www.vampirevape.co.uk/10ml-vampire-vape-e-liquid-heisenberg.html

Since trying this, I've not bothered with anything else.

Worth a go?

Rob....

2 hours ago, Richy said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance,

Richy

0mg won't work if she is a smoker, even 4mg is very little depending on what tank and coil she is using. A lot of other things might be giving her that burning sensation.

Liquids alone, there are a couple of things that might be happening, my guess is too much Propylene Glycol in the liquid. Liquids have different rations of PG and vegetal glycerin (VG) and the cheaper or older formulas have more PG than most liquids nowadays. Try a liquid with, for example, a 70/30 vg/pg ratio.

Another things is the koolada in menthol liquids. It's an added molecule that makes everything taste cooler like that icy sensation on a Halls drop and some people find that too irritating. She might prefer a desert profile flavour like custards, a lot of people do.

Finally, the nicotine quality and age is important too. Lower quality nic that has been badly stored will oxidise a little and will have a spicy taste that also gives a burning sensation to the back of the throat.

I'm assuming she is using the tank that comes with the Minivolt kit? That's a bad tank for a smoker to start with, especially combined with the lower resistance coils. It has too much air and one tends to direct inhale and that means more vapour volume and ending up shredding your throat. Unfortunately it's the trend now, market is flooded with tanks that cater to who already vapes and want tons of "clouds". Aspire Nautilus is an ancient tank now but still remains a solid choice to transition to vaping, there hasn't been any significant development in that section of the market with comercial coil tanks.          

3 hours ago, Richy said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance,

Richy

Hi Richy,

As you've probably seen I use the CoV minvolt and find it excellent definitely no throat burning, I use it with the Mini Nautilus tank @Kutusov mentioned. I also use e-cigarettes direct own brand of e-liquid (made in the UK) which I find excellent, but I don't think they do a menthol, here's their website (Halo is their own eliquid) https://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/e-liquid/halo-uk-made-e-liquid

Hope your missus finds a combination that works for her :yes: 

Edit: I've just seen they do a menthol - Menthol Blast, and it seems to be one of their most popular!

Edited by graham1981

Halo has excellent liquids, a lot of current menthols are based on their SubZero (which I guess is that possibly UK rebranded Menthol Blast).  Their tobaccos are also quite good and might be a better choice for a smoker, I personally couldn't have transitioned to vaping without a good tobacco liquid.

Those Halo are 60PG, so they'll work well with a Nautilus. I failed to mentioned above that a 70VG liquid will not play well with Nautilus coils, it's too thick and they'll have a hard time wicking right. Graham's suggestion is an excellent one, I would go with that.

BTW, Cola is also a good flavour to go with. It's a good all day vape and will go well with coffee. A coffee and a cigarette is something a lot of us miss when quitting. :yes:         

• Like 1

Just another quick update - 11 weeks today completely smoke free! I have just bought some more Halo e-liquid today and have gone down a strength, from 1.2% to 0.6%, hopefully this won't be to low if it is I will just buy a couple more 1.2% :yes: The local e-cigarette shop (e-cigarettes direct) are doing a deal on Halo liquids 6 or £20 :thumbsup: 

Mini-Nautilus and Minivolt battery still going well and I haven't missed the roll ups at all. Hope everyone else's vaping is going well?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, graham1981 said:

Just another quick update - 11 weeks today completely smoke free! I have just bought some more Halo e-liquid today and have gone down a strength, from 1.2% to 0.6%, hopefully this won't be to low if it is I will just buy a couple more 1.2% :yes: The local e-cigarette shop (e-cigarettes direct) are doing a deal on Halo liquids 6 or £20 :thumbsup: 

Mini-Nautilus and Minivolt battery still going well and I haven't missed the roll ups at all. Hope everyone else's vaping is going well?

I'm not familiar with nicotine levels in percentage... is 1.2% 12mg/vol? 

This is sort of an ad but still worth mentioning. You guys over at the Uk now have justaddnic which sells you everything you need to mix your own easily. Things comes in dosed bottles and you just drop the amounts you want into the main bottle. Should save you money and they do carry some of the best concentrates from the UK. Vapink King, DB and Strawberry Fields are especially popular.